The Training Terminal
Add to basket or enquire
Our unique Food Safety/Food Hygiene Level 2 course, which has been carefully developed by industry experts will provide food handlers with the legally required certification to work in the catering and hospitality sector.
Food businesses in the UK must comply with regulations from the EU, most notably 852/2004, which relates to hygiene for foodstuffs and states that businesses in the food services sector must ensure that staff who handle, or prepare food are sufficiently instructed, trained and supervised to carry out their work. The course is suitable for anyone within the hospitality or catering sectors, whether they are self-employed or employed and at any stage of their career.
Presented in a user-friendly and fun, interactive way, the wealth of material you will study is suitable for employees working in schools, colleges or hospitals, as well as fast food outlets, restaurants, hotels, kitchens, bars, cafes or takeaways.
Our Food Safety training covers the essential aspects of food hygiene and safety during all stages of food handling, so that you can minimise food safety hazards and ensure that the food you work with remains safe. You will also learn about the legal responsibilities of working with food and how to comply with the law.
Both our Food Safety and Health and Safety Courses are approved by The Royal Society in the Prevention of Accidents. The ROSPA stamp of approval means you can be assured that our course content is the very best the market has to offer and is up to date regarding best practice and legislative information. Studying one of our courses will enable you to progress in your chosen career as quickly and efficiently as possible!
Level 2 Award
Advantages of Studying with Us
- Participation and Time - Our course enables you to work comfortably at your own pace, so you can work anywhere and at any time, whenever it is convenient. The Food Safety course on average takes 2-3 to complete, although there is no set time limit and you can complete it in stages, if you wish.
- Certification - You will gain the legally required certification if you are successful in passing your course. There is no pressure however, as you can attempt this more than once until you do pass!
- Expertise - Our Food Safety course has been written in association with Food Safety experts with many years’ experience in their field. You will be learning from the best and you will come away from your training inspired by mentors who understand your industry.
- Tutor Support - When you are studying a course, it is always useful to know that you have the help and support of qualified tutors and lecturers who are keen to see you succeed. With all of our courses, you will receive access to our dedicated tutor support service. They will be able to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course.
- Compatibility - All of our courses are fully compatible with PCs, Macs, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. We are aware that people want to use the web whilst they are on the move, so we have designed our courses to be fully compatible across tablet and smartphone devices. You will be able to access the same content from the course over a 3G or 4G network.
- Accreditations – The course is fully accredited by The Royal Society in the Prevention of Accidents, the CPD and the Institute of Hospitality, offering the reassurance you are learning with a trustworthy and industry respected company.
- Designed by a team of experienced industry experts, our Food Safety/Food Hygiene Level 2 course offers you a comprehensive insight into the topics you need to know about.
- You will be guided through a series of modules and will learn in depth about the importance of food safety and personal hygiene in a kitchen environment.
- Our course is user friendly and suitable for everyone and we have aimed to make the learning as enjoyable as possible!
- Your job may require you to have this qualification, or if you are just looking to brush up your skills and knowledge on food safety and hygiene, we hope you will find our course enriching and useful.
- To equip you with the knowledge and skills whatever stage of your career you are at.
Course Overview and Format
The Food Safety course is accessed through a dedicated learner portal. Your course material is presented in an interactive and easy to follow presentation enabling you to study at your own pace. The course is divided into simple sections, with a short quiz at the end of each to test your knowledge.
Our Food Safety/Food Hygiene Level 2 Course has been structured into seven easy to follow modules covering all aspects of food safety and hygiene;
Section 1: Introduction to Food Safety – This introductory module will explore why food safety is so important and what risks are associated with poor food safety and hygiene standards. You will also learn about the legal requirements of food handlers as well as the consequences of breaking food safety law.
Section 2: Personal Hygiene – In this section we learn about the importance of personal hygiene. We examine how food handlers are potentially the biggest hazard in a food business and how they can ensure that they do not contaminate food with pathogenic bacteria or foreign body hazards.
Section 3: Microbiological Food Hazards and their Control – You will learn about the different types of food hazards and how they can be avoided. You will gain a thorough understanding of bacteria; how cross contamination can occur and the various techniques you can use to prevent the spread of potentially harmful bacteria in your place of work.
Section 4: Other Food Safety Hazards and their Control – In this module we examine food allergens, allergic reactions and how to keep customers with food allergies safe. We also cover chemical and physical food contamination and how you can prevent it from occurring.
Section 5: Food Handling, Storage and Preparation – Here we learn how to handle food correctly, from delivery through to serving customers. Find out how to store food correctly to avoid spoilage and contamination, how to prepare foods safely and the importance of temperature control.
Section 6: Keeping the Workplace Clean and Hygienic – In this section we learn why it is essential to clean correctly and how to clean effectively. We also examine the different methods of cleaning and gain an understanding of the various chemicals used in the cleaning process.
Section 7: Design of Food Premises and the Control of Pests – Finally, we examine how the proper design of food premises can prevent the risk of food contamination. We also gain an understanding of the various risks associated with common pests and how we can control them.
Assessment and Certification
Once you have progressed through each of the course sections you can complete an end of course quiz, which consists of 30 multiple choice questions based on the material that you have studied. In order to pass the course, you will need to answer 21 out of 30 questions successfully (70% pass). Once you have passed the course you can download your course certificate in PDF from your learner area. If you don't pass the course first time, don't worry, you can resist the test as many times as required.
Who is this course for?
If you work in the food services industry and you prepare or serve food and/or beverages, you must be trained in Food Safety and Hygiene so you can apply the principles to your work. This course is suitable for people at all stages of their career and can be used as an Induction, Awareness, Refresher or Foundation training programme. The skills, knowledge and expertise that you will gain from this course will enable you to work confidently, competently and safely in the food services industry.
There are no entry requirements for this course
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Where is this course taking place and when
Hi Linda, our courses are completed online and at a time to suit you. You have 12 months in which to complete the course. Regards Tim.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do you get sent a certificate in the post?
Hi Megan, You will be able to print your certificate at the end of your course. If you require a posted certificate we charge a nominal fee of £5 to cover costs. Simply get in touch with us as soon as you have completed your course and we will take care of this for you. Regards TimThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, I work in a nursery and I need to to serve children their meals but I cannot without a qualification. Will this course qualify me to serve food?
Hi Steph Thank you for your question. Yes, this is a perfect course for you. This course is fully compliant with current legislation and will ensure you comply with local authority regulations. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Kind regards TinaThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.