Want to learn to understand code and work managing a team of programmers? Learn to talk the language of computers with our Tech Development package.
Our industry experts have hand selected the courses below to give you broadest possible skillset, setting you in good stead to work in a programming environment. Our partnership with the Code Institute means we can offer their Diploma in Tech Fundamentals, a great insight into working in a tech and programming role. You will learn how to work with programmers and speak their language, as well as the language of the software they write. On top of this, we have included Agile Project Management Foundation & Practitioner Training, where you will learn the skills needed to manage and lead projects, a crucial skill in this industry, where timing and efficiency are critical.
- Code Institute Certified - Diploma in Tech Fundamentals
- Agile Project Management Foundation & Practitioner Training
Exam cost is included in the Diploma in Tech Fundamentals, but not the Agile course.
Diploma in Tech Fundamentals
The completion of this course will provide you with a globally recognised Diploma in Tech Fundamentals, this transferable skillset can open doors for opportunities in many industries including IT, Marketing, Finance and Project Management.
The average salary for starters in the web programming industry is £25,000 which can grow to £50,000+ depending on experience and achievements.
It is estimated that IT jobs as a whole will grow 22% through 2020 with software developers in systems software and applications receiving a growth forecast of 32% and 28% respectively. There will be an estimated one million IT jobs to fill in Europe by 2020.
What you will study
- Front End Development
- Programming Languages
- Data Storage & Retrieval
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs
- Open Source Development
- Data Management
- Cloud Computing
- Software Development Process
- Building and Empowering Great Teams
Agile Project Management Foundation & Practitioner Training
The Agile Project Management (Foundation & Practitioner Package) course is designed to help individuals with little or no project management experience get started quickly. Initially students will look at the Foundation-level principles of Agile, covering topics like:
- The concepts, benefits and risks of Agile development.
- The philosophy, approach and principles of Agile project management.
- Understanding the DSDM Atern lifecycle and products.
- Recruiting or assembling appropriate project teams.
- How to plan and run a facilitated workshop.
- Model and prototype aspects of the solution to ensure that the correct development path is being followed.
- Elicit, analyse, prioritise and manage requirements for deliverables.
- Create a timeboxed plan that keeps the project on track.
- Understanding the importance of negotiation and collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure continued progress.
- How to set up and manage an Agile project using the framework.
Once complete, students will be ready to sit and pass the Agile Foundation qualification. They will also be fully prepared to move onto the advanced topics covered in the Practitioner course:
- Overseeing products and deliverables and properly assigning responsibility to management, business and technical departments.
- Structuring and empowering project teams for maximum success and efficiency.
- Advanced estimating, measurement and configuration considerations for successful Agile management.
- Defining functional and non-functional requirements for deliverables.
- Implementing quality control to maintain standards.
- Preparing for the future by considering maintainability and scalability during planning.
Who is this course for?
This course package is ideal for anyone looking to get into the software industry in a management type role.
There are no formal requirements for this course package.
This package will give you all the necessary skills required to work in a software company, ranging from growing start-ups to global organisations. You will be able to effectively communicate with teams of developers, and know their language. Combining this skill with the Agile Project Management you will be able to run development projects from the very first step, all the way through to launch
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.