The Jump Digital School Limited
Add to basket or enquire
Whether you're an absolute beginner or you have some coding knowledge already, if you're looking to:
- Upskill to advance your career
- Implement your own entrepreneurial ideas
Then this programme of in-depth software engineering training and optional career-change support will enable you to make the jump without you having to quit your job and lose your income while you train.
This is a 17.5-week, part-time, remotely-accessible and instructor-led programme that will:
- Teach you everything you need to know to be able to develop and deploy enterprise-grade software to a professional standard
- Support you to make the jump
The next Professional Full-Stack Web Developer Bootcamp begins on Tuesday the 7th of July 2020 and will run to Tuesdaythe 17th of November 2020
Training Days: Training sessions for this cohort will take place every Tuesday and Thursday evening from 18:30 to 21:30
This training programme will teach you everything that you need to know to programme fast, scalable and secure, websites and web apps.
The optional career-change support will help you position yourself well to make the jump to the next stage of your digital career.
How it works:
- We run 2 live, interactive, remotely-accessible and instructor-led training sessions every week for 17.5 weeks (we have solutions if you can't attend some sessions).
- The training sessions take place between 18:30 to 21:30 GMT on a Tuesday and Thursday evening.
- Additionally, each week we set you a mixture of challenges and project work relating to the topics that you've covered in the training sessions. The challenges give you a chance to test your own understanding. The projects help you build a portfolio. When you submit them to us, we provide you with feedback so that you're constantly improving and embedding your learning.
What you'll learn:
- The constituent parts of the internet, websites and web applications (The Client-Server model) and how they all work together.
- The languages to control those parts:
- Front-End framework - jQuery and React with Redux
- Back-End framework - Express with Node.js
- SQL / NoSQL
- The tools & systems to create, edit, debug, test, deploy & host your code, e.g.:
- Code editors
- Command Line Interface
- Version control and cloud software providers
- Build processes
- Industry standards and best practice for writing software, e.g.:
- Design patterns
- Programming principles
- Programming paradigms
See our attached syllabus in the Resources section above for more details.
What career-change support you can access:
- CV / social media clinic - help to make your profile stand out
- A portfolio - showcase your skills, knowledge and abilities
- Guidance - know where to look for roles and how to position yourself
- Introductions - as and when we come across opportunities, we'll share them with you
- Interview practice - we run mock interviews to help you understand the whole process and prepare you for the types of questions you're likely to get asked
Who is this course for?
Previous students have included:
- People who've tried online resources and now want to progress to a professional level
- Career changers from industries outside of tech e.g. recruitment, investment banking, the service industries
- Developers who want to improve
- SEO specialists
English - the concepts we teach can be difficult. To have the best chance of success, you need to understand what we're explaining to you
Commitment - learning to a professional standard requires effort and dedication. The concepts that we're teaching you and the application of those concepts are not always straight forward, so you have to be committed to working hard to learn these valuable skills.
You don't need advanced maths
What you do with these skills is up to you. You could break into the industry as a developer:
Or you could use it to advance your career in a closely related field e.g. Project or Product manager
Or use it to be able to put your entrepreneurial ideas into practice.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.