Add to basket or enquire
Understand the core concepts of money laundering and learn from theory to policy application to become an excellent reporting officer. Earn a CPD certificate and add value to your professional career with this insightful expert-designed course.
Want to learn more about financial crime protection and how to protect your organisation’s finances from fraud and money launderers? If you’re considering becoming an Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, then the Money Laundering Reporting Officer - CPD Accredited course will provide you with the practical knowledge you need to elevate your career.
This AML training course explores the foundations of AML and the legal and regulatory framework surrounding it. You will also gain in-depth knowledge of the legal responsibilities of businesses in connection to money laundering, and the role and responsibilities of a money laundering reporting officer.
Our expert instructor will guide you through fundamental topics such as risk analysis, customer due diligence, suspicious activity reporting, record-keeping and much more. Enrol today and learn how to secure the financial safety of your business.
Why choose this course
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Full Tutor Support on Weekdays
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
**Money Laundering Reporting Officer - CPD Accredited**
Module 01: Introduction to Money Laundering
- What Is Money Laundering?
- Turning “Bad” Money into “Legitimate” Money
- Money Laundering All Around Us
- How Money Is Laundered
- Why AML Efforts Are Important
- The Three Stages of Money Laundering
- Who Launders Money
Module 02: Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- The Principal Offences Contained in Part 7 of POCA 2002
- The Concealing Offence
- The Arranging Offence
- The Acquisition, Use and Possession Offence
- The Notion of Criminal Property
- Elements of Criminal Property
- The Concept of Knowledge
- The Notion of Suspicion
- Definition for Suspicion
- Suspicion Means the Possibility
- Suspicion Must Be Based on Specific Facts
Module 03: Development of Anti-Money Laundering Regulation
- The First Money Laundering Directive
- Terrorism legislation
- The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and Serious Organised Crime and money laundering offences under the Police Act 2005
- The Second Money Laundering Directive
- The Third Money Laundering Directive
- The Fourth Money Laundering Directive
- The Fifth Money Laundering Directive
Module 04: Responsibility of the Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- What Is A Money Laundering Reporting Officer?
- Who Can be Appointed as an MLRO?
- The Role of The Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- The Safe Harbour and its Limitations
- Matrix Management
- What is an MLRO’s Internal Reporting Procedure?
- What is Contained in the MLRO’s Annual Report?
Module 05: Risk-based Approach
- What Is a Risk-Based Approach (RBA)?
- A Risk-Based Approach to Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
- How to Assess the Risk Profile of The Entity
- Client Demographic
- Services and Areas of Law
- How to Assess Client Risk
- Conducting the Client Risk Assessment
- Country/Geographic Risk
- Client Risk
- Variables Impacting Upon Risk
Module 06: Customer Due Diligence
- What is Customer Due Diligence?
- Main Elements of a Customer Due Diligence Program
- Enhanced Due Diligence
- Enhanced Due Diligence for Higher-Risk Customers
- Account Opening, Customer Identification and Verification
- Consolidated Customer Due Diligence
Module 07: Record Keeping
- The Purpose of Record-Keeping
- What Records Have to be Kept?
- Customer Identification
- Internal And External Reports
- In What Form Should Records be Kept?
- Failure to Keep Records
Module 08: Suspicious Conduct and Transactions
- What is Suspicious Activity?
- What Is a Suspicious Transaction?
- Avoiding a National Reporting or Record-Keeping Requirement
- Wire or Fund Transfers
- Insufficient or Suspicious Information by a Customer
- Other Suspicious Customer Activity
- The Identification of Unusual Transactions
- The Types of Events That Might Cause Suspicion
Module 09: Awareness and Training
- The Importance of Staff Awareness and Training
- The Core Obligations of Training
- Legal and Regulatory Obligations
- Staff Responsibilities
- Senior Management
- Internal Training Procedures
- Training Methods and Assessment
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion PDF certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of £9.99.
There is no specific requirements for our Money Laundering Reporting Officer - CPD Accreditedcourse. It is compatible and accessible from any device including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Tablets etc. The course requires a moderate Internet connection so it is possible to start learning with any type of Internet from anywhere at anytime without any limitations.