Add to basket or enquire
This online Level 3 Award in Effective Auditing and Inspection course aims to give you an in-depth knowledge of the auditor's role and provide you with the required skills to carry out effective audits and inspections.
It will enable you to confidently carry out audits and inspections and collate and evaluate your findings before presenting the data in report format.
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Effective Auditing and Inspection Skills Course Fact Sheet - download
- The different types of audits and inspections.
- The purpose of audits and inspections.
- The benefits and limitations of audits and inspections.
- The implications of an inadequate audit or inspection.
- The competencies required by an auditor/inspector.
- The impact of conduct and characteristics.
- The audit and inspection cycle and stages.
- The frequency and duration of audits concerning risk.
- How to prepare and plan effectively.
- The purpose and format of the opening meeting.
- Carrying out an onsite audit or inspection.
- Different types of data collection techniques.
- Different types of observation techniques.
- The purpose and format of opening and closing meetings.
- Agreeing on timeframes for remedial action.
- The importance of a re-visit.
- Factors that could result in inspection failure.
- Different types of analysis techniques.
- The importance of converting raw data into coherent facts.
- How to determine the sources of problems.
- The purpose and content of a report.
This qualification is obtained by taking a 1-day interactive online course via Zoom and is assessed through an online multiple-choice examination using Highfield's Qualify at Home service.
Candidates must answer at least 18 out of 30 questions correctly, a distinction is awarded for 24 marks or over.
The duration of the examination is 1 hour.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for supervisors, team leaders, chefs, QA staff and managers working in various industries where verification, auditing or inspection is undertaken.
Industries may include all food industry sectors, consumer products, hospitals, laboratories, pharmaceuticals, warehousing and retail.
This includes internal or third-party auditors, enforcement officers and people responsible for verifying HACCP, emphasising the qualification being on practical inspection and audit skills in the workplace.
It would also be beneficial for supervisors to undertake either an internal audit or supplier approval and benefit those seeking BRC or SALSA food safety certification.
There are no prerequisites for this qualification. However, it is recommended that candidates have suitable technical knowledge of the relevant practices and procedures which will be subject to audit/inspection.
It is also recommended that candidates have a minimum of Level 2 in literacy and numeracy or equivalents. Candidates should be aged 16 or over.
This qualification is ideal if you are looking to become a food safety auditor.
Questions and answers
Is this auditing course for any industry? The course information for download is specific to catering but the text seems to indicate otherwise? ThanksAnswer:
This course is designed to provide all would-be auditors and inspectors with the relevant knowledge and skills and is broadly based on ISO 19011. Although a lot of examples that have been used relate to food safety, the basic principles that have been outlined relate to many other types of audits/inspections, including those used in healthcare and education. As such, this course is useful not just for people in the food industry but also for auditors in a range of sectors.This was helpful.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.