Effective Interviewing Skills (In-Company)
Price includes VAT
This course can the be taken as a CMI Award - additional price, £90 +... Read more
- Tutor is available to students
- Certificate of completion available and is included in the price
Do you regularly find yourself panic recruiting, taking the best of a mediocre bunch just to fulfil a need? Is your staff turnover too high? Are your operations at risk because you can’t find the right staff or keep recruiting the wrong ones? Failings in the recruitment and selection process can do more damage to your organisation than almost any other factor.
By attending this training course, you will learn that matching the right person to the right role is vital. It will teach you how to spot the right individuals for your team, which should improve retention rate and performance.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- Clearly define required competencies
- Use and create person specifications
- Make short lists work for you
- Work with a clear structure to manage timings
- Build a relaxed atmosphere to improve communication flow
- Use different selection techniques for different roles
- Questioning techniques
- Active listening
- Non-verbal communication
- Learning from others’ mistakes
- Current legislation
- Avoiding the ‘halo’ and ‘horns’ effect
- Balance your emotional reaction
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
By attending this course you will gain:
- competence in design and implementation of an attraction and selection process
- up-to-date guidelines to ensure your interview process is legally compliant
- the skills to refine your job profiles to enable more targeted searches
- an understanding of a competency model to avoid poor selection
- techniques to communicate effectively in interviews, getting the information you need to make the best decisions
Who is this course for?
Anyone who is involved with the recruitment process will benefit from attending this course in effective interviewing skills. This course is most applicable to managers who are recruiting staff into their own teams, as it will help them optimise the recruitment process and select the right staff members.
This course can also be taken as part of the CMI Level 4 Certificate in Management. You can achieve a Level 4 Award in Management by completing a written assessment after this course. Call us to find out more.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.