Add to basket or enquire
The BTEC Certificate in ICT Systems & Principles Level 2 provides the perfect platform for those looking to enter the IT industry in a technical capacity. You will learn to install, configure & troubleshoot computer hardware and software.
The qualification also ensures that the learner is aware of organisational requirements when performing computer maintenance, an essential skill for anyone looking to start a career in the IT Support industry.
Learning and Assessments are conducted remotely via the online learning interface, no exams are required.
Kandu Education Ltd create innovative learning solutions for use outside of the traditional classroom. Our unique delivery system blends the flexibility of online learning, whilst ensuring practical skill development.
The course is delivered via the online learning interface which includes interactive content such as Videos, Simulations, Printable Practical Tasks, Online Quizzes and Live Labs which provide 24/7 access to real computer equipment when you need it.
- PC Assembly & Operating Systems - Learn to build PC’s to custom specifications, install & configure Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems.
- Mobile Devices - Over 10 hours of videos focusing specifically on Laptop Repair are included, the important features of smartphones and tablets are also introduced.
- Troubleshooting - Learn to find and fix issues with computer hardware, software and networks.
- MS Windows - An in-depth look at the configuration, network and security features of Microsoft Windows
- IP Networking - Learn the basics of configuring TCP/IP and creating simple SOHO networks.
- CompTIA A+ - Supplied resources also cover CompTIA A+ 220-1001, 220-1002 Objectives with access to over 1400 practice questions and 58 Live Labs included (A+ exams booked separately)
All learners are provided with a personal tutor and a dedicated assessor which are available via phone, email, in person (by appointment) and through the learning interface.
- Qualification: BTEC Certificate in ICT Systems & Principles L2 (IT Fault Diagnosis & Remedy)
- Awarding Body: Pearson Edexcel
- QAN: 501/1381/1
- Duration: 120 Hours.
The qualification requires an estimated 120 learning hours to be completed. 12 months access is provided to the learning system allows you to study at their own pace.
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for anyone looking to obtain an entry level role in IT Support, or those already working in such a role looking to accredit their skills. The course is also helpful to those thinking of starting a PC/Laptop repair business and looking to re-assure their clients that they are suitably qualified.
This BTEC ICT Specialist Certificate can be obtained in a short space or time and requires no exams with assessment is based on a portfolio of evidence consisting of 4 assignments and 3 practical assessments which are documented as short video clips of your practical work.
We have successfully trained candidates between the ages of 12-80 years old to BTEC standards.
The course has no formal pre-requisites, though some basic computer knowledge is helpful.
To complete the BTEC Assessment access to some computer hardware is needed, this can be any desktop or laptop computer. We are able to provide Hardware as part of the enrolment at extra cost or happy to advise on sourcing older affordable systems from places such as Gumtree or Ebay.
The qualification is designed to act as a gateway to employment in IT Technical Support. Job roles range from a Field Engineer, through to 1st/2nd/3rd Line support with salary expectations ranging from £30,537 - £42,381 (source, Reed salary calculator).
Further learning may include BTEC Level 3 ICT Specialist Diploma, or Vendor Specific Certifications.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.