Add to basket or enquire
This course includes lifetime access so you can complete the course at your own speed.
If you want to be a Junior Java software developer, this course will kick-start your career in software development and Java applications.
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
Finally, a complete Java software development essentials course that includes real internship opportunities for qualified students!
I not only teach the core topics of Java, but also covers necessary analytical skills like Algorithms and practical skills like reading and handling data from files, and job-specific skills like building a student database and analyzing the criteria of passwords.
This course was developed by a combination of developers, recruiters, and business managers that together, outlined and curated a curriculum based on the hiring needs and requirements in the industry.
Designed for individuals looking to kick-start a new career in software development, this course starts at the beginning assuming no previous knowledge in programming.
This course includes:
- All relevant slides and notes
- Practical training
- Conceptual lectures
I focus on keeping the training practical and applicable to a real-world project. While learning the concepts is important, you must demonstrate your knowledge by being able to write programs, analyze what’s happening behind the scenes, and have a working understanding of basic algorithms and computations.
While not created based on Oracle’s certification program, this course will help prepare you for the Programmer Level I Exam to earn the Oracle Certified Associate certificate.
This Become A Junior Java Software Developer course will cover the following topics:
Section 1 - Introduction
- Preparing The Java Development Environment
- Creating A Java Application In Notepad
- Getting Started With Eclipse As IDE
Section 2 - Basics Of Programming
- The Hello World Application
- Conditional Logic: If-Then Blocks
- Conditional Logic: Switch-Blocks
- Functions: Return Types And Arguments
- Loops: Do, While, For
- String API
- Practical: Computing The Fibonnaci Number
Section 3 - Object-Oriented Programming
- Fundamentals Of Object-Oriented Programming
- Classes And Objects
- Constructors And Overloading
- Static Keyword And Final
- Scope Of Variables
- Inheritance And Overriding
- Access Specifiers
- Encapsulation And Data-Hiding
- Practical: Building A Bank Account Application
Section 4 - Source Control With Git And GitHub Repositories
- What Is Source Control And Git?
- Preparing The Git Environment And GitHub Repository
- Uploading A Project To GitHub
- Cloning A GitHub Repository
- Managing Versions And Updates With Git
Section 5 - Exceptions And File Handling
- Exception Library And Hierarchy
- Try-Catch-Finally Blocks
- Creating And User-Defined Exception
- Reading Data From A File
- Writing Data To A File
- Practical: Reading Phone Numbers From A File And Testing Condition
Section 6 - Data Structures And Collections Framework
- Introduction To Data Structures And Collections
- Traversing A Single Array
- Traversing Multi-Dimensional Arrays
- List Interface
- Set Interface
- Map Interface
- Practical: Reading Data From A CSV File
Section 7 - Algorithms: Introduction To Computer Science
- What Are Algorithms And Why You Need To Know Them
- Linear Search
- Binary Search
- Bubble Sort
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in becoming a Java developer.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Students can pursue a career in Web Development.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.