Add to basket or enquire
This course includes lifetime access so you can complete the course at your own speed.
If you want to be a Junior Java software developer, this course will kick-start your career in software development and Java applications.
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
Finally, a complete Java software development essentials course that includes real internship opportunities for qualified students!
I not only teach the core topics of Java, but also covers necessary analytical skills like Algorithms and practical skills like reading and handling data from files, and job-specific skills like building a student database and analyzing the criteria of passwords.
This course was developed by a combination of developers, recruiters, and business managers that together, outlined and curated a curriculum based on the hiring needs and requirements in the industry.
Designed for individuals looking to kick-start a new career in software development, this course starts at the beginning assuming no previous knowledge in programming.
This course includes:
- All relevant slides and notes
- Practical training
- Conceptual lectures
I focus on keeping the training practical and applicable to a real-world project. While learning the concepts is important, you must demonstrate your knowledge by being able to write programs, analyze what’s happening behind the scenes, and have a working understanding of basic algorithms and computations.
While not created based on Oracle’s certification program, this course will help prepare you for the Programmer Level I Exam to earn the Oracle Certified Associate certificate.
This Become A Junior Java Software Developer course will cover the following topics:
Section 1 - Introduction
- Preparing The Java Development Environment
- Creating A Java Application In Notepad
- Getting Started With Eclipse As IDE
Section 2 - Basics Of Programming
- The Hello World Application
- Conditional Logic: If-Then Blocks
- Conditional Logic: Switch-Blocks
- Functions: Return Types And Arguments
- Loops: Do, While, For
- String API
- Practical: Computing The Fibonnaci Number
Section 3 - Object-Oriented Programming
- Fundamentals Of Object-Oriented Programming
- Classes And Objects
- Constructors And Overloading
- Static Keyword And Final
- Scope Of Variables
- Inheritance And Overriding
- Access Specifiers
- Encapsulation And Data-Hiding
- Practical: Building A Bank Account Application
Section 4 - Source Control With Git And GitHub Repositories
- What Is Source Control And Git?
- Preparing The Git Environment And GitHub Repository
- Uploading A Project To GitHub
- Cloning A GitHub Repository
- Managing Versions And Updates With Git
Section 5 - Exceptions And File Handling
- Exception Library And Hierarchy
- Try-Catch-Finally Blocks
- Creating And User-Defined Exception
- Reading Data From A File
- Writing Data To A File
- Practical: Reading Phone Numbers From A File And Testing Condition
Section 6 - Data Structures And Collections Framework
- Introduction To Data Structures And Collections
- Traversing A Single Array
- Traversing Multi-Dimensional Arrays
- List Interface
- Set Interface
- Map Interface
- Practical: Reading Data From A CSV File
Section 7 - Algorithms: Introduction To Computer Science
- What Are Algorithms And Why You Need To Know Them
- Linear Search
- Binary Search
- Bubble Sort
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in becoming a Java developer.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Students can pursue a career in Web Development.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.