Volunteering Content Producer
We have 2 exciting opportunities to join our team as a Volunteering Content Producer based in Chingford,London. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, we will offer you a competitive salary of £29,948 per annum (inclusive of Outer London Weighting).
The Scouts are embarking on transforming their Volunteer Journey to make volunteering with us even more attractive, accessible, flexible, and enjoyable. For our 160,000 volunteers, a crucial part of their volunteer experience is the training we offer to ensure they feel confident and are equipped to undertake their role.
We want to develop a learning culture where training is simple but effective and delivers the skills and knowledge that our volunteers need when they need it, whether they work directly with our young people delivering skills for life or carry out a supporter, manager or governance role. There is a wide range of learning needs to be met and we want to enable our volunteers to manage their own learning journey and access their training in a modern and flexible way that enables them to fit it into their lives alongside their volunteering and other commitments.
The Volunteering Content Producer Role:
You will work in partnership with volunteers to design and deliver support resources and tools which we define as ‘products’, sitting in the Volunteer Product Team. The products designed will support volunteers throughout their whole journey, in areas like joining and welcome, training and learning and local charity governance. They aim to simplify and increase the relevancy of our volunteer support and make the experience of volunteering with Scouts as enjoyable and impactful as possible.
What will you be doing in the Volunteering Content Producer role?
- Designing and delivering ‘products’ for volunteers such as guidance resources, e-learning training digital learning packages, digital tools and processes. Products designed will support all areas of the Volunteer Journey, such as local governance, growth and learning
- Providing insight and innovation, on how to ensure products improve the volunteering experience, by making the experience more accessible, simple or engaging
- Being proactive and working in partnership with volunteers and expert stakeholders to enhance to quality of support to volunteers
- Consulting and involving volunteer teams to design, validate and test our products to ensure the relevancy of the Scouts volunteering products
- Using Agile Project Management and/or Product Design to build products for volunteers quickly, responding to the changing needs of the Scout volunteer movement
- Liaising with digital, inclusion, programme and communications colleagues so that products produced are translated into brand-compliant, accessible, inspiring language – without losing its meaning
What we are looking for in our Volunteering Content Producer:
- Experience of developing volunteering processes and support resources for volunteers or a similar organisation, in particular, the design of volunteer roles or offers, attraction, induction, and training/support resources/solutions for volunteers and volunteer managers
- Knowledge and understanding of current volunteering trends, challenges and solutions
- Experience of supporting the design and delivery of activities related to the Volunteer Journey, demonstrating innovative thinking and the creation of new solutions
- Experience of process development and measurement including undertaking user research
- Understanding of learning and development programmes for volunteers
- Experience of working with volunteers or a volunteering organisation
- Experience of leading and delivering complex projects with multiple stakeholders
What we can offer you as our Volunteering Content Producer:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
Closing date: Sunday 6th June 2021, 23:59
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'