Servoca Resourcing Solutions are looking for a number of Statement Takers to work on the Response Investigation Team for Sussex Police based in Brighton.
To conduct initial and secondary enquiries on active crime investigations as directed by the Response Investigation Team (RIT) Supervisor or as requested by colleagues. To include the taking of statements and securing evidence including CCTV.
- To support Investigating Officer / RIT Investigators to complete any pre-charge, post-charge or other offence disposal case papers, ensuring compliance with either Force policy or the Directors Manual of Guidance for file preparation
- To support Investigating Officer / RIT Investigators to plan and complete statements from victims and witnesses to identify and maximise all available evidence. Ensure statements are typed, legible and they meet the required evidential standard and quality standards complying with guidelines laid down by the Crown Prosecution Service.
- To seize and recover CCTV in accordance with Force Policy ensuring continuity of evidence and exhibits.
- To ensure they are customer focused by providing victims and witness's full updates with case progression and providing the necessary support, protection and referral to multi-agencies as appropriate. Take full responsibility in providing excellent customer service to the individuals they have contact with.
- To attend briefings held by RIT supervisor for the team and take an active role in proving support to the team. This could involve being allocated actions such as taking statements, viewing CCTV, ceasing exhibits, etc, all of which would provide support to officer's daily work.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grade and character of work as may be reasonably required, including specific duties of a similar or lesser graded post.
You will be required to make enquiries both inside and outside of the station.
Pay Rate: £10.08 PAYE or £12.28 Umbrella
Contract Length: 6 Months
Hours per week: 37
Working Hours: 8-4
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job