We are looking to recruit a Senior Claims Handler to join our team. You will be responsible for delivering a high quality professional advice service to clients regarding any claims issues; you primary task is to liaise with customers, insurers and other interested parties to expedite the claim and effectively manage your clients’ expectations. You will handle property damage claims from receipt of notification of loss through to conclusion under delegated authority
- Advise and update clients on all meaningful events and discussions during the claim ensuring complete customer happiness
- Regularly assess the status of claims with clients / insurers / recovery agents/solicitors (as applicable) and ensure that all parties are informed of progress or chased for updates as necessary.
- Can you offer appropriate technical advice to clients throughout the duration of the claim? Be encouraging, compassionate and effectively handle their expectations? Your role is focussed on regarding the claim process, timescales, policy and/or legal liability and quantum.
- You will liaise with your Line Manager regarding any issues, queries or areas of concern which may arise. Ensuring you bring to your Line Manager’s attention any claims complaints (in addition to following the company’s general complaints procedure)
- Identify and inform Line Manager of any claims which may generate a complaint
- Ensure market / insurance / legislation and other technical knowledge is developed and maintained to enable efficient claims handling and that Business systems are updated regularly and that data held is 100% accurate at all times, to facilitate accurate claims reporting.
- Process all claim notifications, further advices and collections in accordance with the Claims Division’s procedures
- Can you manage own workload in order to service the client promptly and expertly? You will need to be someone with super administrative skills who will be task focused and want to develop and nurture their career with us.
- Update insurers and recovery agents and inform of any additional information acquired during the claims process. Review insurer’s, recovery agents and solicitors queries and resolve wherever possible
- Ensure that claims statistics, when required by the client, Placing Department or insurers on risk, are accurate and produced in accordance to SLAs
- Ensure all relevant inward/outward correspondence is added to each claim file in the correct order, including contemporaneous notes of any telephone conversations / meetings
- Comply with AJG Professional Standards Manual in accordance with statutory requirements for role with specific attention, but not limited to Whistle Blowing, Treating Customers Fairly
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Cert CII/ Dip CII (Chartered Insurance Institute) qualification desirable and educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Previous experience within the insurance industry with specific claims handling focus.
- Good customer service focus along with good planning and analytical skills.
- Identify potential risk/issues and seek advice/consultation when required. Apply due diligence and process adherence accompanied by high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and takes initiative when assisting team members.
- MS office proficiency.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- 3 or 4 years First Party Property Claims experience.
- Claims Handling