Business Development Manager (Agricultural Sector)
Based out of the Cranfield office, looking at the Horticulture sector
Up to £45,000 Basic Salary + Car Allowance (£4,800)
*There will be a potential bonus structure in the new year.
25 Days Annual Leave + 10 Bank Holiday Days. 10% Pension Contribution.
Operating within the Agricultural and Agri-Tech industries, a leading innovation hub are looking to expand their commercial operations, as they move from a predominantly government funded organisation, to the potential of a commercial & profitable business.
- To generate leads from the pre and post-harvest horticultural sector (national and international - Plant Protection Products providers, seed suppliers, growers, processors, distributors, agri-tech businesses, retail/wholesale etc.) and wider supply chain operators (levy organisations, producer organisation) offering services and assets - including project delivery, bespoke research, usage of solution based technologies including:
- Cold store testing areas in the postharvest biology and technology of physiological, biochemical and molecular analysis - to understand and drive down food losses and waste
- Sensor technology, informatics and data to drive innovation through satellite and drone usage
- A multi-sensor gantry to address critical areas of plant science (phenotyping, crop usage etc.)
- Converting leads that have been generated by other areas of the business – ranging from the rental of assets/ solutions to commercial projects.
- Understand how to grow a territorial remit and expand within a market vertical, working with existing clients profitably through a key account management approach.
Key Skillset Required:
- Understanding of the livestock, arable, horticultural or aquaculture sectors. Extensive knowledge of either government lead projects or working with large portfolios on a grant funding basis.
- Market insights within the Agricultural, Agri-Tech, Horticultural or similar industries.
- Previous relevant experience working in a senior business development role with a solution/consultative sales approach understanding customer needs and developing solutions.
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving profitable revenue growth with a focus on long term client relationships.
- Great negotiating skills and an understanding of key contractual risks.
- Significant exposure to pricing and strong commercial skills.
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in a scientific discipline (of relevance to role).
Please apply to the position with your most recent CV, or send it through to josh(dot)bailey@reedglobal(dot)com. You can also contact me through LinkedIn – Josh Bailey (Reed Sales)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'