Cordius are working with a global client, who is looking to build a DevOps team at their Nottingham Offices to ensure that critical information will always be available to their customers.
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits Package
There’s a high degree of trust and responsibility for being a DevOps Engineer, and our client fully expect you to follow DevOps principles and practices. For these roles, you’ll be required to have a mix of knowledge and skills in software engineering including, programming, data structures, algorithms and systems engineering.
- Working closely with the development group within a collaborative DevOps environment to maintain the highest level of service up-time
- Identify and fix problems that impact service availability in deploying, configuring, monitoring, recovering and scaling
- On-call rotations to monitor and support their products and services
- Apply software engineering principles to resolve problems impacting service uptime
It’s worth mentioning that our client dedicates at least 50% of their time engineering away problems, directly and through pairing and coaching their teams.
As part of this role you’ll also be required to:
- Write code to drive systems engineering activity
- Conduct investigation across any system components
- Network flow analysis and troubleshooting
- Configure, analyse and tune (relational and NoSQL) database systems to improve reliability and performance
- Configuring and tuning web servers, application containers and other middleware
- Windows or Linux Systems Configuration/Administration
- Cloud technologies and platforms; AWS or Azure
- Puppet, Chef or Ansible
They strongly value the breadth and depth of Software Development and Software Engineering skills and diversity of thinking that it will bring to their team. Any further experience of any of the following would be beneficial:
- Agile/Lean Development Practices
- Software testing frameworks that support TDD and BDD
- Automation software build and testing using tools such as Jenkins, Apache, TeamCity
- Data structures, algorithms and/or database programming
If you want to be part of a global company who invests time and effort into each of their employees then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Alongside a competitive salary, my client also offers an incredible benefits package which includes; Private Healthcare, Pension, Share Purchase, 25 Days Annual Leave, Cycle to Work Scheme and many more.
For further information on these positions please contact Cordius today.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job