Add to basket or enquire
About this Course
Insurance claims professional and expert witness Kevin Quinley said about the following ten volumes: “Zalma’s series of books is a terrific blend of both the legal underpinnings and the practical implications for the claim practitioner.
Insurance Maven Bill Willson said: “Zalma On Insurance Claims” is a tour de force, an indispensable tool that should be a part of every claims training program in America and in the library of every claims professional for quick and frequent reference. This comprehensive guide belongs in the library of every insurance defense AND policyholder law firm. It should be a part of every claims training program of carriers, independent adjusting firms, and public adjusters. Many of these parts should be part of the training or reference programs for non-claims personnel, from agents to underwriters to risk managers.”
This series of books is the latest addition to Barry Zalma’s insurance claims series of books and articles that will form the most thorough, up-to-date, expert-authored insurance claims guide available today. Thorough, yet practical, this series of books form the ideal guide for any professional who works in or frequently interacts with the insurance industry. Claims professionals, risk managers, producers, underwriters, attorneys (both plaintiff and defense), and business owners will benefit greatly from the ten volume guide. It is also the perfect resource for insurance educators, trainers, and students whose role requires an understanding of insurance law. A Comprehensive Review of insurance, insurance claims, the law of insurance policy interpretations, the practicalities of Property, Casualty and Liability Insurance Claims.
A series of presentations that will allow the student to understand the basics of insurance and insurance claims. The student will learn how to define and understand insurance, understand why and how insurers interpret the term "actual cash value" and how it is applied in the presentation of a claim; what is insured by a first party property insurance policy; the need for an adjuster and why claims must be dealt with in good faith and ethically. You learn about conditions and how they are enforced in insurance contracts. You will also learn about liability insurance and the difference between property and liability insurance and the application of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
What you will learn
- What insurance is
- How to deal with Actual Cash Value
- What is insured by a first party property insurance policy
- Why insurance claims people act in good faith and ethically when dealing with a claim
- How conditions are applied in an insurance policy
- What is insured by liability insurance
- The difference between property and liability insurance and
- Why and what is the covenant of good faith and fair dealing
This course will cover the following topics
- What is Insurance?
- Actual Cash Value
- What Is Insured By a First Party Property Policy?
- Important Insurance Terms
- Adjusting and Ethics
- What is Liability Insurance?
- The Difference Between Property and Liability Insurance
- What Kind of Investigation Needed to Determine Coverage?
- What is The Covenant of Good Faith & Fair Dealing
Who is this course for?
- Working Adults
- those who want to find out about health insurance schemes
- The course will provide the student with a basic understanding of insurance and insurance claims handling
Talented professionals can advance from a local branch job to a position in corporate headquarters. Such a promotion would expose you to a number of other areas, such as international finance.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.