Digital Mums Limited
This is a free online course for women aged 24-64 that live in England.
The course is for women that do not have a University Degree or for those that have a Degree but work in roles that are paid less than £25,000/year full-time equivalent (£30,000 in London)
The course has been designed to build employability skills, improve your job prospects and boost your confidence.
The course works in the following way:
- Learn by doing. Work in small teams with other women to complete weekly challenges All with support from our expert team if you get stuck or have any questions. This "learn by doing" practical approach is essential to building employability skills and confidence. Week on week you will see your confidence grow.
- Try modern workplace tools. The course is cleverly designed to give you direct experience of using digital tools popular in today’s workplace settings, for example, you’ll get to grips with using Slack which loads of businesses now use instead of email. It's basically like Whatsapp on steroids and it's really easy to use. This experience will build your digital skills and confidence.
- Focus on employability skills. The course has a clear focus on building workplace confidence and skills to succeed in your current job or perhaps to make the leap to going for a new job. We also help you to build a great LinkedIn profile if you want to.
- Focus on confidence. Everything we do is designed to build your confidence and we also have a coach running sessions along the way specifically focused in overcoming any confidence issues you might have.
The course is 10 weeks long and requires an average of 4 hours time commitment each week. This is all flexible and can be done whenever and wherever suits you apart from one fixed live session each week on Monday evenings at 8pm. You also join a community where you can ask our supportive team questions at any point should you get stuck.
The course covers a different in-demand employability skills each week with a big focus on digital skills and includes coaching elements to build workplace confidence. It covers:
Lifelong learning skills | Being able to learn is itself a skill and schools aren’t traditionally very good at building this skill. And because employers now expect staff to own their professional development this skill has become increasingly important. We will help you understand how you learn best and to develop your own personalised learning plan to fit learning into your life.
Digital communication and collaboration skills | Even before the pandemic hit there was a change in the way modern companies were expecting their staff to work. Our course has a big focus on tools and techniques for working on projects with others remotely. You’ll have fun using communication tools like Slack and collaboration tools like Trello. It can sound daunting using new tools but our team are experts at helping you get to grips with them.
Social media and your digital footprint | While we can’t teach you to be social media marketers on this course we will cover some key concepts and you will gain direct experience of crafting social media posts for a clear purpose and you’ll also be learning about LinkedIn and the role it has to play.
Visual communication skills | For many students learning best practice principles of graphic design is their favourite bit of the course. You get direct experience creating visual outputs such as graphics and charts.
Critical thinking and problem solving | Companies love employees who can identify problems and suggest solutions to fix them. On this course you’ll be coming up with ideas in your project groups. You will also be working with data which will help you understand the problem you need to fix.
Customer-centric skills | Creating a culture around the customer and their needs is widely recognised as a key driver of business success in today’s world. You’ll be getting inside the mind of potential customers for Digital Mums and designing ways to find out what they want and need.
Who is this course for?
Our free places are reserved for women aged 25 to 65 who live in England. If this sounds like you then get in touch to learn more, access case studies, watch an admissions Q&A session with our CoFounders and get the chance to apply.
There are no prior requirements. You don’t have to have studied online before, we have had plenty of students that have never done an online course and many students that haven’t formally studied since school. So it works if you're a total beginner. However, if you are more of a regular learner it can work for you too. We have designed a fun learning experience that builds confidence and employability skills regardless of where you are starting from.
This course doesn't have a clear career pathway as it's flexible but common routes include:
- Administrators and personal assistants setting themselves up as VAs earning £20/hour plus.
- Non-office based workers from retail or hospitality using the course to move into administrative, office-based roles
- Moving out of the corporate world into more exciting and flexible roles in start-ups.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.