International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Enjoy working with children? Do you love helping children exceed expectations, despite any difficulties they have? You should consider a fulfilling role as a SEN teaching assistant or other work with children who have special needs.
Around 75,000 children in the UK are being treated for ADHD but many more are believed to have ADHD but are undiagnosed. More than 700,000 people in the UK are on the autism spectrum. One in 10 UK people has dyslexia. With so many people affected, we will all be interacting with them during our everyday lives. Understanding the symptoms and how to interact with or teach people with special educational needs will greatly benefit society generally.
In our budget-priced SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma package, you will study 5 of our popular SEN courses:
- Dyslexia Awareness
- Autism Awareness
- Special Educational Needs
- Speech & Language Specialist
- ADHD Awareness
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
- Lifetime access - No time limits - Study at your own pace
- Internationally-recognised CPD accredited course
- Start learning straight away from any laptop or mobile device in any country
- Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
Our courses are self-paced and you can start studying any or all of our SEN Teaching Assistant diploma courses immediately. For less than the RRP of a single course, you have access to 5 CPD courses full of insight into child psychology and special educational needs; symptoms to watch out for; and how to best care for children and adults with special needs.
You may want to become a SEN Teaching Assistant. Perhaps you work or volunteer with children, some of whom have special needs. Maybe a family member or friend has been diagnosed. Our budget-friendly bundle of courses will help you understand their needs and communicate better with them.
Enrol in our SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma today to find out more about child psychology and development; the symptoms of various special educational needs; and how you can help people living with SEN.
Teaching others and watching where that knowledge takes them is highly rewarding. Teaching people who have various special educational needs is equally as satisfying. But they need a different style of teaching. As a SEN teaching assistant, you will have the satisfaction of working closely with students to ensure they are getting the maximum out of their education.
This course is not just for SEN teaching assistants. Everyone will come across people with various special needs such as speech difficulties, autism, dyslexia, or ADHD. Knowing the right ways to communicate and work with them will be beneficial for everyone, whether it is through work, school or leisure.
By studying for the SEN Teaching Assistant diploma, you can pick and mix up the certificate courses. Some children will show signs of more than one disorder and your classroom or group may include children with various different disorders. By choosing our special SEN Teaching Assistant bundle of courses, not only will you save money, but you’ll also be able to learn about various different special educational needs at the same time.
Our self-paced courses come with lifetime access so you will also be able to access this information online forever. So you can jog your memory and revisit the courses in your SEN Teaching Assistant diploma at any time in the future too.
Among the many things you will learn are:
- How to recognise the signs of dyslexia
- Helping people manage and live with learning difficulties
- Understanding the signs of ADHD
- Causes and treatments for special educational needs
- What is the autism spectrum?
- SEN teaching strategies
- Child psychology and behavioural issues
Start studying the SEN Teaching Assistant diploma courses now. You’ll soon realise how much children and adults with special needs can benefit from your newfound knowledge.
How are these 5 courses assessed?
There is a short multiple choice exam at the end of each module for you to take and you’ll know your score immediately.
By studying these 5 online courses with IOA, you do not pay an extra fee for sitting an exam or have to wait for a set date to sit an exam.
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, you will be awarded 5 different PDF Certificates. (Already included in price)
You can also get the hardcopy ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS COURSE
- Module 1: Overview
- Module 2: Identification And Intervention
- Module 3: Language And Literacy
- Module 4: Early Childhood Special Educational Needs
- Module 5: Middle Child And Adolescent Special Educational Needs
- Module 6: Students With Mild And Moderate Disabilities
- Module 7: Students With Severe Disabilities
- Module 8: Family Involvement
- Module 9: SEN And The Law
- Module 10: Case Studies
DYSLEXIA AWARENESS COURSE
- Module 1: Understanding Dyslexia - Causes And Effects
- Module 2: Diagnosis
- Module 3: Assessment And Evaluation
- Module 4: Managing Dyslexia
- Module 5: Learning The Basics - Spelling, Reading, Writing
- Module 6: Dyslexia In The Classroom
- Module 7: Dyslexia In The Workplace
- Module 8: Helping People Understand Dyslexia
- Module 9: Intervention For Dyslexia
- Module 10: Clinical Therapy & Treatments
AUTISM AWARENESS COURSE
- Module 1: Understanding The Autism Spectrum
- Module 2: The Autistic Environment
- Module 3: What Causes Autism?
- Module 4: Autistic Behaviour
- Module 5: Conducting A Functional Autism Assessment
- Module 6: Autism In The Classroom
- Module 7: Creating A Positive Support Plan
- Module 8: Ageing And Long-term Care
- Module 9: Medication
- Module 10: Community Living And Supports
SPEECH & LANGUAGE SPECIALIST COURSE
- Module 1: Overview Of The Speech And Language Profession
- Module 2: Speech Therapy And Literacy
- Module 3: Speech And Language Science
- Module 4: Properties Of Speech
- Module 5: Speech And Language Disorders
- Module 6: Other Communication Disorders
ADHD AWARENESS COURSE
- Module 1: What Is ADHD & What Are The Symptoms?
- Module 2: Causes Of ADHD
- Module 3: Treatments And Classroom Strategies
- Module 4: ADHD And Education/the Law And ADHD
- Module 5: ADHD Within Families And Relationships
- Module 6: Living With ADHD/Adults With ADHD
Who is this course for?
- Everyone can benefit from being able to communicate better with people who have special educational needs
- People considering a career as a SEN teaching assistant
- Anyone who has a desire to work in the health and/or education field
- Anyone considering a career in the field of child psychology
- Everyone who works with or volunteers with children
- People who work with adults with special needs
- Family and friends who know someone with learning or speech difficulties so they understand the best ways to communicate with them
- If you interact with children, this course will benefit you!
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
- Work towards becoming a SEN teaching assistant
- Work with children in schools or daycare centres
- Work with children’s charities or playgroups
- Assist parents of children with special educational needs
- Assist in Special Needs classrooms, helping teachers keep high standards of education and care
- Continue your education in Special Educational Needs, towards becoming a teacher or in child psychology
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What's the level of this course?
IOA offers specialist courses and upon graduation, you will gain a PDF certificate of completion. This Special Educational Needs (SEN) course is comparable to a level 3. Our courses are accredited by ICOES and CPD Certification Service, meaning that the course counts towards the individuals' CPD hour records.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How long is going to take to do the course? How many hours? And the certificate will explain all the disability are you leaning in the course?
Our SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma is composed of 5 courses. Since you will have unlimited access to the content you can complete the courses at your own pace. You will receive an individual certificate of completion for each course and it will show the course name as seen in the description.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Also is all this course included in the £35.full course
The £35 offer for the SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma bundle includes the five full courses, lifetime access to the course content and a certificate of completion issued by IOA.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.