Add to basket or enquire
Whether you are self-taught and you want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, this SEN Teaching Course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident SEN teacher and develop more advanced skills.
This comprehensive SEN Teaching course is the perfect way to kickstart your career in the field of SEN Teaching. This accredited SEN Teaching course will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees.
Teachers help shape and guide children’s minds to prepare for the future, and those that are trained to engage with Special Needs children provide the much-needed support and patience, which assists in overcoming their obstacles and challenges. SEN Teachers are a valuable resource in the education industry and remain much sought-after for their skills and abilities.
If you think you have the potential to become part of this profession, then we can help you with the initial training and preparations for the role. We’ve carefully compacted all the essential information of SEN Teaching course and crafted it into one continuous tutorial that is designed to train and guide individuals in the requirements for this position, helping you to make a real difference to young minds and lives.
As one of the leading course providers and most renowned e-learning specialists online, we’re dedicated to giving you the best educational experience possible. This SEN Teaching course is crafted by industry expert, to enable you to learn quickly and efficiently, and at your own pace and convenience.
How Will I Benefit?
- Boost your career in SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching
- Deepen your knowledge and skills in your chosen field just in hours not years!
- Study a course that has been designed by industry professionals.
- Save money and time by studying your convenient time
- Have access to a tutor whenever you are in need
So, what are you thinking about! Start getting the benefits by enrolling today!
SEN Teaching CourseAccredited By Qualified Professionals
Why Choose Lead Academy:
- Lifetime Access
- High-quality e-learning study materials and online assignment questions
- The UK and globally recognised qualification
- Effective assessment frameworks for the evaluation and instant feedback
- Self-paced, no fixed schedules
- 24/7 customer support through email
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- No hidden fee
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform
The SEN Teaching is a popular training course, ideal for anyone who is looking to kickstart their career as a SEN Teacher or special educational needs teacher, as well as professionals who want to test their existing skills and knowledge. If you want to gain an in-depth understanding of SEN Teaching or special educational needs teaching, then this program is perfect for you.
Our online courses come with lifetime access with no time limit for completion. Each course is fully accessible from a tablet, mobile or laptop, as long as there is a secure internet connection.
We pride ourselves on our supportive network of dedicated instructors and attentive customer service team who are dedicated to assisting you through your learning journey. Contact them at any time via email should you have any questions or queries.
We have divided the SEN Teaching or special educational needs teaching course into 11 user-friendly modules, covering all fundamental areas of SEN Teaching or special educational needs teaching to provide learners with the relevant skills and industry knowledge to take their career to the next level.
This comprehensive SEN Teaching or special educational needs teaching course includes the following modules:
The following module of the SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching course will set you up with a solid foundation in the SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching industry and give you the essential skills you need to get yourself job-ready!
Module 1: Introduction To Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching
- How to become a special educational needs (SEN) teacher
- Entry requirements
- What it takes
- What you’ll do
- Special Educational Needs
Module 2: Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN
- SEN Code of Practice
- Learn How the SEND Tribunal, Disagreement Resolution and Mediation Work
- SEND Tribunal: If you’re asked to be a witness
- Disagreement Resolution
- Learn about the Local Offer
- Get an Idea about the OfSTED Frameworks relevant to your school or work setting
- Learn about the new funding models for SEN
- Get an understanding of the policy and legislative context for health and social care, including safeguarding and the health and well-being agenda
Module 3: Understanding How Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Affect Pupils’ Participation and Learning
- Understanding Underachievement
- Signs of Underachievement
- Knowing When School Underachievement Is a Problem
- General Causes of Underachievement in School
- Categories of SEN
- Learning Difficulties
- Physical Disability
- Children with autism and sensory difficulties
Develop your expertise in key areas such as SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching with the following module of the comprehensive SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching training course, designed to help you develop your knowledge in the field in an accurate and informative way to provide you with a solid foundation for success.
Module 4: Teaching Strategies and Approaches for Pupils with Special Educational Needs
- Teaching Strategies
- Learning strategies
- Strategies to Support a Student with a Cognitive Impairment
- Classroom management strategies
- Strategies for Transfer of Learning
Module 5: Drawing Up Inclusive Whole-School Policies And Procedures For SEN
- Promoting the inclusive school
- The benefits of inclusion
- Planning for inclusion at the whole-school level
- Drawing up inclusive whole-school policies and procedures for SEN
- Whole-school policies and procedures for SEN in the school plan
- School enrolment policy
- Attendance and participation
- Code of behaviour and discipline, and measures to prevent the bullying or harassment of students with SEN
- Transfer of students to post-primary schools from primary schools
- Resource-teaching support for students with SEN
- Learning support for students with low achievement
- The involvement of parents
- Accommodations in the physical environment
- Class placement arrangements for students with SEN
- Establishing an appropriate model of organisation
Module 6: Developing A Whole-School Policy On Assessment
- The purposes of assessment
- Methods of assessment
- Developing a whole-school policy on assessment
- Selection and use of appropriate test instruments
Module 7: Inclusive Education For Students With Special Educational Needs
- Classroom climate
- Support for learning
- Teaching for inclusion
- Students’ involvement in identifying learning targets and in self-assessment
- Learning styles
- Information and communications technology (ICT)
The following module of the SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to boost your career prospects and build a successful career in the SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching profession.
Module 8: Leadership of Special Schools
- Characteristics of Highly Effective Leaders
- What is Leadership?
- Models of leadership that promote successful schools:
- Pedagogical/instructional leadership
- Styles of Leadership
- General principles for good leaders
Module 9: National Minimum Standards For Residential Special Schools
- Statement of principles and practice
- Induction, transition and individual support
- Health and wellbeing
- Contact with parents/carers
- Residential accommodation
- Safety of children
- Fire precautions and drills
- Provision and preparation of food and drinks
- Personal possessions
- Child protection
- Leadership and management
- Securing children’s views
Module 10: Role And Functions Of The Board Of Management
- Role and functions of the board of management
- Boards of management and school policies
- Boards of management and parents
- Boards of management and the Department of Education
- The SEN Support Team
- The principal and the management of delegated functions
- Mainstream Teachers
- The Resource Teacher
- Year Heads and Class Tutors
- Students with SEN
Module 11: Education Planning for Individual Students
- Individual planning
- The benefits of individual planning
- Implementing the individual education plan
Method of Assessment
After completing the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice assessment. The assessment will be evaluated automatically and the results will be given to you immediately.
On successful completion of the SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching course, you will be eligible to obtain a verifiable certificate as proof of your new qualification. This means that you/your employer can verify your qualification through our website. Certificate can be obtained in PDF version at a cost of £10, and there is an additional fee to obtain a printed copy certificate which is £24.
Who is this course for?
SEN Teaching Course Accredited By Qualified Professionals
This comprehensive SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching course is suitable for anyone looking to improve their job prospects or aspiring to accelerate their career in this sector and want to gain in-depth knowledge of SEN Teaching Course.
This SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching course is felicitous for those, who want to be the best in their jobs.
Whether you are completely new to the field or are an aspiring professional, the SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching course will help open doors to a wide range of professions within your chosen field, helping you to stand out to employers with an accredited qualification that can be used to enhance your CV.
SEN Teaching Course Accredited By Qualified Professionals
- There are no academic entry requirements for this SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- As long as you are aged seventeen or over and have a basic grasp of English, numeracy and ICT, you will be eligible to enrol.
This SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching course opens a brand new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also provides you with the chance to accumulate in-depth knowledge at the side of needed skills to become flourishing in no time. You will also be able to add your qualifications to your CV, enhance your career and become more competitive in your chosen industry.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
once i take this course. can i be a teacher in primary straight away or do i need to take teacher training course. please clarify this for me,
Dear Aniso, Thanks for contacting us. This is a personal skills development course. This comprehensive SEN teaching course is the perfect way to kickstart your career in the field of SEN teaching. This SEN teaching course will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees. Regards, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.