Add to basket or enquire
Includes PRINCE2® Foundation + Practitioner Exams | Certificates |Fully Accredited by PeopleCert | PRINCE2® Certifications are essential for any Project Management role.
This accredited PRINCE2® Project Management Online Training will prepare delegates for the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Exams included on this course.
PRINCE2® is a best practice methodology and by taking this course, delegates will learn to effectively structure and run a project from start to finish.
By the end of the course, students will be able to understand and apply the seven key principles, processes and themes involved in managing a project using the PRINCE2® methodology.
The PRINCE2® Online Foundation and Practitioner Training course allows delegates to take part in distance learning at their own pace, adapting to their busy schedule and allow them to complete their exams when they feel ready.
This PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner online training course has a duration of 50 hours, however you will have access to the course for 1 years from the day of booking.
PRINCE2® Online Foundation and Practitioner Training Course covers the following topics:
- PRINCE2® Principles: PRINCE2® Project Management follows a set of seven principles that can all be applied to any project. These seven principles create the framework PRINCE2® is based on.
- Managing by stages
- Managing by exception
- How to learn from previous experience
- Changing to suit the business environment
- Continual business justification
- Responsibilities and roles within the project
- Focusing directly on the products
- PRINCE2® Processes: The seven PRINCE2® processes outline the tasks that are involved in the management and delivery of a successful project. These processes cover the entire timeline of a project, from pre-project to project closure.
- Starting a project
- Initiating a project
- Controlling a project
- Directing a project
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
- PRINCE2® Themes: These seven themes must be addressed and followed continuously for the PRINCE2® project to be carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Business Case
PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments, version 2) is a project management methodology that prioritises control, organisation and quality management along with reliability and meeting project objectives. It is derived from a previous method called PROMPT II (Project Resource Organisation Management Planning Techniques), which was the government standard for IT project management. The name later changed to PRINCE® which originally stood for “PROMPT II In the CCTA Environment” before changing to the acronym we know it as today.
The PRINCE® methodology later became widely used outside the purely IT industry, prompting a general project management methodology to be produced and released as PRINCE2. It has become one of the most popular project management methodologies and is now a standard for project management in multiple departments in UK Government.
Since its release, PRINCE2® has become the world’s most popular project management qualification with over 1 million exams taken, with the UK taking up over half of the world’s total.
As the standard method for project management, PRINCE2® will benefit your organisation in multiple aspects. It provides a flexible approach that is highly adaptable and can suit all projects. It provides a framework that covers all areas within a project. It provides your organisation with:
- Effective communication channels between the organisation, project management and the project
- An organised timescale to the project
- A method of sharing lessons learned
- An increase in competency of staff and project management skills
- Progress reviews against the plan and the business case
- Flexible decision points.
This PRINCE2® Online Foundation and Practitioner course with exams is accredited by AXELOS.
What is the structure of the exams?
The PRINCE2® online foundation exam is multiple choice while the PRINCE2® online practitioner exam is objective testing.
Are there any pre-requisites for the course?
There are no pre-requisites for this course and is open to everyone.
How long until I receive the course confirmation details?
If you purchase the course online, you will receive you welcome pack immediately after making the payment. If you purchase the course through one of our learning advisors on call, your account will be set up within one business working day.
How long do I have access to the materials for?
You will have access to the materials for 1 year from the day of booking.
What support do you offer?
Our customer service department is available 24 hours a day, answering questions and offering support around the clock
What is online training?
Online training, also known as computer-based training (CBT), eLearning and distance learning is a form of training that takes place solely on the internet, using audio, video and graphics.
This PRINCE2® course has the following
- 24/7 access for 1 year to the online training course enabling you to study anytime, anywhere.
- Interactive and engaging online training modules designed based on time tested methodologies for effective learning.
- Easy to use online interface with navigation videos and tools to assist you in every step of your learning experience.
- Technical, administrative and tutor support through our online Support suite.
- Discussion Forums to interact with other online students.
- Personal Performance Dashboard giving you a snapshot of your real time progress.
- Training Modules/Videos
- Module Assessments to test your subject knowledge at each stage
- Mock Examinations - timed and scored like your final certification examination to provide you with a similar experience.
- *Free Global Live Sessions (GLS) - online live sessions designed to bridge the gap between online self-learning and the benefit of having tutor support in class. GLS are interactive online video conferences conducted for you to get subject related assistance from our experienced trainers.
- Walk-in Clinic - Face to face sessions to interact with tutors in one of our training centres.
- Case Study
- Certification Exam
*Subject to availability of the specific training in the specific city.
Details of PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner exams:
PRINCE2® Foundation Exam:
- Emphasis on PRINCE2® knowledge
- Multiple choice
- 1 hour duration
- 75 questions
- 50% pass mark
PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam:
- Focuses on the ability to apply PRINCE2® principles to scenarios
- Objective testing, a form of multiple choice
- 2 and a half hour duration
- 8 questions with 10 items per question
- 55% pass mark
The PRINCE2® courses on this page are offered by The Knowledge Academy ATO of AXELOS Limited. PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Who is this course for?
PRINCE2 Online Foundation and Practitioner Training Course is intended for those looking to work as a project management or as part of a project team.
This PRINCE2 Online training course is specifically intended for those with busy schedules that require the flexibility to study in their own time.
This Certification is most suited for:
- Existing project managers
- Any professional looking to become a project manager
- Project Executives or Engineers
- Associate or Assistant Managers that have a role in working on projects
- Software Developers
- Team Leaders or Managers
By choosing online learning instead of a classroom based courses, it eliminates the need for time away from work, saving you valuable time and money. It is also ideal for those with tight schedules as our distance learning gives you 90 days access, meaning it can be picked up whenever you have the time. As all you need for this course is an internet connection, this course can be studied from home, meaning you can study in a more comfortable environment, also saving on travel costs.
This PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner online training course is open to everyone and has no prerequisites.
Project Management and other related career paths.