Add to basket or enquire
If you’ve always had an interest in pursuing a medical career and love the idea of helping others on a daily basis, then the course from Janets could be the perfect first step to kickstarting your career. Enrol on the course now and begin your journey to becoming a phlebotomist.
The course has been expertly designed to teach you everything you need to know about the field of phlebotomy. With the course, you will get an in-depth introduction to the field of phlebotomy and discover the skills and knowledge you need to become a successful phlebotomist.
This expertly-created course is accredited by the CPD, with 10 CPD points available to students without any further study. The training course is made up of 9 comprehensive modules, each tackling a different skill that you require to work in the field of phlebotomy. Students can expect to complete this course in around 3 hours.
Janets is one of the top online training providers in the UK and aims to provide every student with a top-quality education. With the course, you can learn the skills you need to succeed in the world of phlebotomy.
What You Will Learn From the Phlebotomy Training Course:
- Learn about further phlebotomy training and education
- Learn about guidelines for phlebotomy practice
- Study blood circulation, function and composition
- Understand the different types of phlebotomy equipment you will use as a phlebotomist
- Learn how to perform a routine venipuncture
- Gain an understanding of quality assessment and management in phlebotomy
- Discover how to perform special blood collection procedures
- Learn how to manage infection control and risk
What You Get Out Of Studying With Janets
- Free PDF certificate upon successful completion of the course
- Full one-year access to course materials
- Instant assessment results
- Full tutor support available from Monday to Friday
- Study the course at your own pace
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams with the training
- Study at your own time through your computer, tablet or mobile device
- Improve your chance of gaining valuable skills and better earning potential by completing course
The Phlebotomy Training course is delivered through Janets’ online learning platform. Access the Phlebotomy Training content from any internet-enabled device whenever or wherever you want to. The Phlebotomy Training has no formal teaching deadlines, meaning you are free to complete the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
********** Course Modules***********
Module 01: Introduction to Phlebotomy
- What is Phlebotomy?
- Duties of the Phlebotomist
- Traditional Duties
- Additional Duties of Phlebotomists
- Professional and Personal Characteristics for Phlebotomists
- Phlebotomy Education and Training
- Guidelines for Phlebotomy Practice
Module 02: Blood Circulation, Function, and Composition
- Circulation and the Vascular System
- Coronary Circulation
- Pulmonary Circulation
- Systemic Circulation
- Circulation of Blood
- Blood Vessels
- Structure of Blood Vessels
- Common Veins Used for Phlebotomy
- Blood and Blood Components
- Haemostasis and Blood Coagulation
- Blood Types
Module 03: Phlebotomy Equipment
- Needles and Tubes
- Vacuum Tube System
- Multi-Sampling Needle
- Winged Blood-Collecting Needle
- Choosing the right needle
- Vacuumed Blood-Collecting Tubes
- The Syringe System
- Needles for Syringes
- Choosing the Right Cannula
Module 04: Routine Venipuncture
- Tourniquet Application
- Site Selection and Cleansing the Site
- Assembly of the Puncture Equipment
- Performing the Venipuncture
- Examining the Needle
- Anchoring the Vein
- Inserting the Needle
- Filling the Tubes
- Labelling the Tubes
- Removal and Disposal of the Needle
- Bandaging the Patient’s Arm
Module 05: Venipuncture Complications and Pre-Examination Variables
- Pre-Examination Variables
- Age and Gender
- Patient Complications
- Equipment Assembly
- Examination of Puncture Equipment
- Doing Venipuncture Using a Syringe
- Technical Complications
Module 06: Dermal Puncture
- Importance of Correct Collection
- Composition of Capillary Blood
- Dermal Puncture Equipment
- Dermal Puncture Devices
- Micro-sample Containers
- Additional Dermal Puncture Supplies
- Dermal Puncture Procedure
- Special Dermal Puncture
Module 07: Quality Assessment and Management in Phlebotomy
- Quality Assessment
- Procedure Manuals
- Pre-Examination Variables
- Examination Variables
- Post-Examination Variables
- Quality Management Systems
Module 08: Special Blood Collection Procedure
- Newborn Screening
- Newborn Screening Procedure
- Blood Cultures
- The Procedure for Blood Cultures
- Glucose Tolerance Testing
- The Procedure for Glucose Tolerance Testing
- Bleeding Time Test
- Template Bleeding Time Procedure
Module 09: Infection Control and Risk Management
- Infection Control
- The Patient
- The Hospital Environment
- Healthcare Workers’ Technique
- Preparing the Patient
- Needlestick Injuries
- Risk Management
- Specimen Handling and Transportation
Method of Assessment
To successfully complete the Phlebotomy Training, students will have to take an automated multiple-choice exam. This exam will be online and you will need to score 60% or above to pass the Phlebotomy Training. After successfully passing the course exam, you will be able to apply for a CPD-accredited certificate as proof of your Phlebotomy Training expertise.
All students who successfully complete the course can instantly download their free e-certificate. You can also purchase a hard copy of the Phlebotomy Training certificate, which will be delivered by post for £9.99.
Who is this course for?
The course is ideal for those who already work in this sector or are aspiring professional. This course is designed to enhance your expertise and boost your CV.
The course is open to all students and has no formal entry requirements. To study the Phlebotomy Training, all you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of English, numeracy, and IT skills. You must also be over the age of 16.
This course will assist you to get your desired job in the relevant field. The course will also progress your career, regardless of your present job status. You could explore a number of job roles for you to fill as you complete this course.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What's the assessment method for this phlebotomy training course?Answer:
Hi Barrett, Good morning. There will be a mock and a final test at the end of the last module of the Phlebotomy Training course. The entire exam will be held online. Exam questions will be Multiple Choices and True/False. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is it a problem, if I stop studying for a few weeks after starting the Phlebotomy Training course and come back again later?Answer:
Hi Michael, Good morning. There will be no problem if you make a pause for a while. Even after finishing the 'Phlebotomy Training' course and getting the certificate, you can go back to that course for a year as you will have access to that for a year. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Will it be okay if I purchase the Phlebotomy training course today but start a few weeks later?Answer:
Hi Saiyuz, Good morning. Once you purchase the phlebotomy training course from us, you will have one year access to the course and you can complete the course anytime within a year. Therefore, if you purchase the phlebotomy training course today and plan to start it later, that won't be a problem. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.