In this lesson learners will explore the importance of the partnership they create with parents. They will learn how to make the partnership work effectively and how to deal with conflict when it arises. This course is generally intended for learners working in nursery settings.
- Learners will learn the importance of partnership with parents and the many references to how childcare practitioners should engage with parents
- Learners will learn about seeking new ways of bringing the home into the settings and enabling the setting to reach into the home
- Learners will learn the reasons why people complain together with practical skills to deal with concerns when they are received
Advantages of this course:
- The course looks at the importance of the two-way process that is a partnership with parents in childcare. The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) stresses the importance of this partnership which means not only giving information to the parents but asking for and listening to the parent’s views and knowledge.
- Parents ‘are the child’s first and most enduring educators’ (to quote the EYFS), have a unique knowledge of their child, and are also a great potential resource for setting.
- The course also looks at how to deal with occasions where parents express a concern or raise a complaint about something that has made them unhappy. Communicating well with parents and managing complaints in such a way that they do not damage the partnership with parents is important.
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning.
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Who is this course for?
Our courses are ideal for anybody interested in the subject.
A computer and an internet connection
- Enhance your employment opportunities
- Show you are up-to-date with the requirements of your job
- Contribute to your CV
- Lead to further education
- Demonstrate your commitment and value within your organisation
- Prepare you for promotion
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.