Churchill Square Training and Development
Add to basket or enquire
Did you know that most employees decide to leave a job within their first 18 months with an organisation? When an employee does leave, it usually costs about three times their salary to replace them. You can greatly increase the likelihood that a new employee will stay with you by implementing a well-designed onboarding program that will guide the employee through their first months with the company. This course will explore the benefits of onboarding, show you how to design an onboarding framework, give you ways to customise the program for different audiences (including managers and executives), and demonstrate how to measure results from the program. (Statistics from a 2007 study by the Wynhurst Group).
FREE Self Study Guide in PDF format to accompany the course and enable you to refer back to the content in the future.
What Will Students Learn?
- Define onboarding and describe how it is different from orientation
- Identify the business benefits of onboarding
- List the factors that contribute to a successful onboarding program
- Build a team to create an onboarding program
- Prepare a vision statement and goals for an onboarding program
- Design a framework for an onboarding program that includes program setup, various types of training, games, progress tracking, follow-up
- Customize your onboarding framework
- Identify which metrics you should track to evaluate program results
- Create a branded, unique program
What Topics are Covered?
- Defining Onboarding
- Creating the Onboarding Steering Team
- Gathering Supporting Information
- Setting Goals
- Developing the Program
- A Personal Onboarding Plan
- Customizing the Framework
- Measuring Results
- Branding the Program
- Onboarding Executives
- Understanding Employee Engagement
- Ten Ways to Make Your Program Unique
- Fun and Games
- Case Study Analysis
Who is this course for?
Managers, directors of HR professionals responsible for onboarding new employees.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.