Add to basket or enquire
Protect Your Business. Empower Your Team! Don’t learn safety by accident: The NEBOSH General Certificate will help prevent life-altering injuries and foster secure environments. Enhance your reputation and showcase your commitment to excellence with Astutis.
Are you looking to accelerate your journey to Health and Safety Management and unleash your true potential?
Astutis' Online NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is a comprehensive foundation course designed for professionals in all stages of their careers. This NEBOSH-accredited course is the most widely accepted qualification globally and is requested by over 87% of UK employers in Health and Safety roles.
An ideal first step into Health and Safety, the Certificate supports managers, supervisors and staff in shaping a safe working environment. Make a positive impact, create efficiencies and promote productivity within your workplace today!
The Online delivery offers instant course material access for 12 months. Study at your own pace and in your own time, without the need to take time off work or stay away from home. The interactive course includes video tutorials, practical exercises, student forums, expert tutor support and practice questions to ensure you are fully prepared for the exam and risk assessments.
Astutis learners benefit from exclusive access to exam preparation with our ExamSmart™ tool. This formative assessment for learning is designed to support and equip learners with the tools needed to prepare for their exams. The support includes:
- Knowledge checks: Be confident in the knowledge you gained!
- Scenario-based questions (roundups following each element) - Communicate what you know.
- Mock exams - Apply your knowledge.
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety Course Guide -
The NEBOSH General Certificate is one of the world's most widely recognised and requested health and safety qualifications.
Taking this course will provide you with the essential skills and knowledge to create a safe working environment for you and your colleagues, which in turn promotes efficiencies and productivity within the workplace.
Some of the learning outcomes following the NEBOSH qualification are:
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements.
- Advice on duties under the main pieces of health and safety legislation.
- Help organisations manage contractors.
- Work within a health and safety management system.
- Positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour.
- Carry out general risk assessments (using a 5-step approach) of your workplace.
- Recognise workplace changes, their impacts and how to minimise these impacts.
- Develop basic safe systems of work, with emergency arrangements.
- Take part in incident investigations.
- Help your employer check the effectiveness of their health and safety management system through monitoring, auditing and review.
The NEBOSH Certificate comprises two units, NG1 and NG2. The syllabus is delivered across two split weeks of daily webinar sessions. You need to pass two assessments to achieve the Certificate.
- NG1 assessment method includes an online, open-book assessment and a follow-up interview.
- NG2 assessment method includes a 3-hour Practical Risk Assessment with a practical assignment based on a workplace environment.
Astutis also offers the NEBOSH General Certificate course in the following learning methods:
Virtual: Structured tutor-led, engaging and interactive live classes.
Classroom: Traditional learning environment at a venue near you.
OnlinePlus+: Virtual classroom and online learning in one dynamic learning experience.
In-Company: Training delivered for multiple members of staff.
Getting NEBOSH accredited has never been easier. Find the right learning method for you and start your journey to Health and Safety Excellence with Astutis!
Who is this course for?
The NEBOSH General Certificate is a great starting point regarding health and safety and doesn't necessarily need to be taken by those already in health and safety roles. 70% of people who take the course are in positions outside of health and safety!
There are no requirements if you wish to take the NEBOSH General Certificate course. A suitable standard of English is recommended.
You will also require the following:
- A reliable broadband connection.
- A PC or laptop with a camera and microphone.
- An email account to access the joining instructions.
Holders of the NEBOSH General Certificate are entitled to Associate Membership (AIOSH) Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). As of August 2022, IOSH has changed the courses recognised for IOSH membership, which affects any NEBOSH Certificate learner outside of the UK. Please get in touch with Astutis for further clarification.