Add to basket or enquire
Are you ready to take your first step towards a successful career as a financial adviser?
The Diploma for Financial Advisers (DipFA®) is a qualification awarded by The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF). As a Trusted Partner, you can study the DipFA 100% online with the LIBF Digital Academy, powered by ICS Learn.
This course is one of a kind offering a fully digital and self-paced programme so you can learn around your commitments. The Digital Academy provides access to engaging and practical case-study-based content that is broken down into bite-sized chunks, making it easier for you to manage and learn on the go from your phone, tablet or laptop.
With a focus on the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), economic and personal risk and the creation and maintenance of financial plans, the 100% online Diploma for Financial Advisers course is perfect for anyone interested in the world of financial advice.
You’ll have access to live and recorded webinars with industry experts, end-of-unit knowledge quizzes, and dedicated tutor support via the Connect & Communicate online chat function.
Enrol on the Level 4 Diploma for Financial Advisers (DipFA®) today to start your journey towards a successful career in financial advice!
The Diploma for Financial Advisers (DipFA) is an online qualification designed to provide learners with the fundamental skills, knowledge, and expertise they need to start their journey towards becoming a qualified financial adviser.
You can access all the content you need to succeed with the new LIBF Digital Academy, which breaks down learning into bite-sized chunks that are easy to digest and allows you to study for the course and access all the supporting resources, 100% online. Additionally, learners will have access to a variety of benefits such as dedicated tutor support, end-of-unit knowledge quizzes, and engaging and easy-to-absorb content through the Digital Academy, which is an innovative virtual learning platform that offers a bespoke learning experience.
This course consists of 6 modules:
- Module 1: Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics (FRSE)
- This module covers the regulatory framework of the UK financial services industry, including the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and its role in regulating financial services. It also provides an in-depth understanding of the ethical considerations that financial advisers need to take into account when working with clients.
- Module 2: Advanced Financial Advice – Taxation (AFAT)
- This module reviews the broad spectrum of UK taxation in relation to individuals and trusts as well as personal taxation and sound investment advice. Topics include the features and impact of income tax, the impact of National Insurance Contributions (NICs), the features and impact of financial gains tax (CGT) and main tax compliance criteria.
- Module 3: Advanced Financial Advice – Investment (AFAI)
- This module covers the macroeconomic environment and its impact on asset classes, including inflation, interest rates, and exchange rates. It also covers the main characteristics and behaviours of asset classes and how to best understand the merits and limitations of the main investment theories. Learners will also come to understand the principles of investment planning, the advice process, and the performance of investments.
- Module 4: Advanced Financial Advice – Protection (AFAP)
- This module mainly discusses the need for financial protection planning as well as the need to understand taxation treatment of pension-based policies and various forms of insurance, including long-term care and critical illness.
- Module 5: Advanced Financial Advice – Retirement Planning (AFAR)
- This module covers the political, economic and social environmental factors which provide the content for retirement and pension planning. Learners will come to understand how the HMRC taxation applies to such planning and will go on to study retirement planning in relation an individual’s aims, objectives and investment issues.
- Module 6: Advanced Financial Advice – Coursework (AFAC)
- This module is designed to help learners understand the process of gathering client information for comprehensive financial planning. This means understanding how to formulate and communicate well-rounded financial advice and how to create, implement and maintain financial plans
You will be assessed for each unit by a mixture of multiple-choice online exams and coursework. Please note that the cost of exam(s) or assessments(s) are not included in the price & must be purchased separately from LIBF.
Learners who register for the DipFA will also become members of LIBF (MLIBF) throughout their programme which provides you with access to numerous benefits such as professional networking events and careers support.
Who is this course for?
The Level 4 Diploma for Financial Advisers (DipFA) is designed for professionals seeking to embark on a career as a financial adviser. This dynamic learning experience provides a deep understanding of financial advice, covering everything from regulations and risk analysis to creating and managing financial plans and effective communication.
There are no entry requirements to study the online DipFA, however, it’s recommended that you possess the necessary English language skills to study at RQF Level 3 with confidence. You must be at least 18 years old, as the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) mandates that individuals cannot practice as a recognised financial adviser before this age.
The DipFA qualification is the perfect way to launch a career in financial advice. By studying through LIBF's Digital Academy, you'll be well on your way to an exciting career as a financial adviser.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.