Add to basket or enquire
A message to our learning community
With the current outbreak of Coronavirus hitting countless countries and economies around the world, we stand together with all those who have been impacted by COVID-19. We also want to remember and appreciate the healthcare professionals and other individuals in essential services who are braving this pandemic from the forefront with their selfless acts of service.
Learners will get “Certificate in COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Awareness” Course for Free on purchasing this course
Level 3 Diploma in Banking with Official Certification
This course is endorsed under ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
The Diploma in Banking - Level 3 will give learners a strong foundational knowledge of the principles of banking. It is an in-demand industry with plenty of job opportunities available and individuals being able to progress easily in their education. The course gives individuals an in-depth understanding of banking and bank models. Acquire the appropriate skills and knowledge of the banking industry and gain employment as a banker or for students who want a career in the banking field.
The Diploma in Banking - Level 3 course will enable learners to understand trends and techniques in banking and finance. It is a popular course for individuals who want to acquire the principles and concepts of becoming efficient bankers and auditors within their work environment.
The Diploma in Banking - Level 3 course is the perfect choice for individuals who want to enhance their career opportunities or progress in their educational knowledge. The course is for learners who are already employed in the banking field or for students who want to become bankers.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
What is covered in this course?
- Gain a clear understanding of how major context within the banking industry operate.
- Learn how to critically evaluate current and major practices of banking and finance.
- Learn how to manipulate numerical and financial data, and the understanding and ability to apply statistical and mathematical concepts.
- Understand the principles and procedures of the business information systems.
- Learn how to analyse business activities and forecast financial projections.
- Gain an accredited qualification that will take your skills and knowledge to the next level.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Course Curriculum : Diploma in Banking - Level 3
1: Essence of Banking
- Essence of banking
- The financial system
- Lenders and borrowers
- Financial intermediaries
- Financial instruments
- Financial markets
- Money creation
- Price discovery
- Allied participants on the financial system
- Principles of banking
- Fundamental issues in banking
- Basic raison d’être for banks: information costs and liquidity
- Information costs
- Asymmetry in liquidity preference
- OTC versus securities markets
- Broad functions of banks
- Facilitation of flow of funds
- Efficient allocation of funds
- Assistance in price discovery
- Money creation
- Enhanced liquidity
- Price risk lessened for the ultimate lender
- Improved diversification
- Economies of scale
- Payments system
- Monetary policy function
- The balance sheet of a bank
- Share capital (equity)
- Liability and asset portfolio management
- Money creation
- Off - balance sheet activities
- Off – balance - sheet activities that carry risk
2: Money Creation
- Money creation
- Learning objectives
- What is money?
- Measures of money
- Monetary banking institutions
- Money and its role
- The cash reserve requirement
- Money creation does not start with a bank receiving a deposit
- Notes and coins deposited
- Government spends
- Money creation starts with a bank loan
- Money creation is not dependent on a cash reserve requirement
- Is “money supply” a misnomer?
- Banks’ prime lending
- The money identity and the Creation of money
- Role of the central bank in money creation
3: Risk in Banking
- Risk in banking
- Learning outcomes
- The concept of risk
- Interest rate risk
- Ideal and extreme portfolios
- Management of interest rate risk
- Interest rate repricing gap analysis
- Duration analysis
- Market risk
- Liquidity risk
- Balance sheet changes resulting from deposit withdrawals and drawdowns on loan facilities
- Conditions for creation of liquidity
- Impeccable record
- Volume of and the type of liquid assets
- Active secondary financial markets
- Measures of a bank’s liquidity exposure
- Bank liquidity and a “bank run”
- The central bank and the bank run
- Deposit insurance
- Credit risk
- Asymmetric information, adverse selection and moral hazard
- Management of credit risk
- Compensating balances and monitoring of business transactions
- Long - term relationship building
- Loan commitments
- Collateral requirement
- Credit rationing
- Specialization in lending
- Credit derivatives
- Sovereign credit risk
- Banking statute returns in respect of credit risk
- Currency risk
- Operational risk
- Information technology systems risk
- Human resources risk
- Reputation risk
- Compliance risk
- Legal and documentation risk
- External risk
4: Bank Models
- Bank models & prudential requirements
- Learning outcomes
- Bank models
- Commercial banks
- Mutual banks/building societies
- Merchant and investment banks
- Trading banks
- Private Banks
- Islamic banks
- Development banks
- Micro – credit banks
- Co – operative banks
- Dedicated banks
- Discount houses
- Rationale, objectives & principles of regulation
- Rationale for regulation
- Systemic malfunction
- Market imperfections
- The moral hazard problem
- Economies of scale
- Consumer confidence and consumer demand for regulation
- Supplier demand for regulation
- Objectives of regulation
- Promotion of financial stability
- Promotion of fair and healthy competition
- Promotion of consumer protection
- Principles of regulation
- Efficiency-related principles
- Stability-related principles
- Conflict-conciliatory principles
- Regulatory-structure principles
- General principles
- Prudential requirements
- Basel accords
- Pillar 1: minimum capital requirement
- Pillar 2: supervisory review (regulatory response to Pillar 1)
- Pillar 3: market discipline (promotes greater stability in the financial system)
- Basel III
- The banking statute: general
- The banking statute: prudential requirements
- Share capital and unimpaired reserve fund
- Liquid assets
- Large exposures
- Reserve requirement
5: End Notes
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Banking – Level 3 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04478
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
What's special about us
- No Hidden Fees
- Efficient and effective customer service for all your queries
- Endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme
- Get a 30% discount when you pay the full amount at once. This includes the course fee, assessment fee and certificate fee.
Who is this course for?
- Financial Officer
- Accountant, Finance Managers
- Students studying Finance
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- Accountant – £28,612 per annum
- Banker – £24K per annum
- Relationship Banker – £29,703 per annum
- Accounts Executive – £22,196 per annum
- Staff Accountant – £25,261 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi there! I am interested in the course for the Level 3 Banking Diploma with Official Certification. When will the diploma be issued? Thank very much
Dear Sarah Thank you very much for your query. Once you complete the course and the assignments you will recieve the certificate asap. Hurry up to grab the discount, As it ends soon. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I have statistics degree from abroad and I want to change my career from now I retail to banking .can I start this course directly?
Dear Urshita Thank you very much for your query. Yes you can enroll. The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.