Learning Curve Group
Add to basket or enquire
We all know how important it is for children and young people to be safe and well cared for. Unfortunately, some children are at risk of abuse and exploitation.
If you’re involved in caring for children and you want to help those affected by these issues, our level 2 certificate in Caring for Children and Young People can help you gain the skills you need.
You will learn about protecting children in a babysitting environment, including how to prevent accidents and fire safety skills. The course also covers key skills about parenting, including parents’ rights and responsibilities and information about healthy lifestyles.
With over 50,000 children identified as needing protection from abuse in the UK, it is important that those working in the care sector understand the risks of abusive and exploitative behaviour that some children experience. Knowing what strategies are used to protect them from this behaviour, whilst following procedures is essential to helping those affected.
- Caring for Young Children in a Babysitting Environment
- Accident Prevention and Fire Safety When Babysitting
- Rights and Responsibilities in Relation to Parenting
- Parenting and Healthy Lifestyles
Who is this course for?
If you choose to do this Level 2 Course in Introducing Caring For Children and Young People, it could lead to careers in Childcare, or Health and Social Care. This would be particularly useful for job roles such as;
- Social Worker (£24,000 to £40,000)
- Foster Carer (variable salary)
- Youth Worker (£18,000 to £33,000)
- The learner must live in England and be 19 years old or older. To enrol you must have your National Insurance number, a form of Identification, employment documents and details of your previous qualifications. This process can take 10-20 minutes.
*Please note there is a £125 cancellation fee if a learner enrols and fails to complete or withdraws early from the course. This fee is to cover administration costs. We may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet the set submission deadline. Please read the declaration on the enrolment form carefully before signing up.
This course is for anyone who wants to start a career in care or teaching young children. It can lead to roles such as Care Worker, Youth Support Worker or Teaching Assistant.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.