Learning Curve Group
Add to basket or enquire
About 300,000 patients develop an infection in England each year while being treated by the NHS. Protecting people from infection is a really important part of providing high-quality care, especially as some life-threatening infections can spread easily within care environments.
In this course, you will gain the skills you need to tackle the risk of infection in your workplace. The course covers procedures and regulations surrounding infection control, as well as the importance of maintaining a clean environment.
As of 2020 this course has been updated to include knowledge of Covid-19.
Protecting people from infection is an essential element of providing high-quality care, especially considering the capacity some potentially life-threatening infections have to spread within care environments.
- Understand the purpose and principles of infection control and the procedures
- Understand how regulations inform policy and practice
- Understand roles, responsibilities, principles and processes in relation to cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Understand the role of risk assessments
- Learn the importance of maintaining a clean environment
- Learn the sterilisation process
- Learn how to safely handle laundry
- Learn how to safely handle sharps
Who is this course for?
If you chose to do this Level 2 Course, it could lead to careers in Health Care. Such careers can include;
- Ambulance Care Assistant (£18,545 to £21,776)
- Health Promotion Specialist (£21,000 to £40,000)
- Environmental Health Officer (£25,000 to £60,000)
- The learner must live in England and be over 19 years old. To enrol you must have your National Insurance number, a form of Identification, employment documents and details of your previous qualifications. This process can take 10-20 minutes.
*Please note there is a £125 cancellation fee if a learner enrols and fails to complete or withdraws early from the course. This fee is to cover administration costs. We may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet the set submission deadline. Please read the declaration on the enrolment form carefully before signing up.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.