Learning Curve Group
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
About 300,000 patients develop an infection in England each year while being treated by the NHS. Protecting people from infection is a really important part of providing high-quality care, especially as some life-threatening infections can spread easily within care environments.
In this course, you will gain the skills you need to tackle the risk of infection in your workplace. The course covers procedures and regulations surrounding infection control, as well as the importance of maintaining a clean environment.
Protecting people from infection is an essential element of providing high-quality care, especially considering the capacity some potentially life-threatening infections have to spread within care environments.
- Understand the purpose and principles of infection control and the procedures
- Understand how regulations inform policy and practice
- Understand roles, responsibilities, principles and processes in relation to cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Understand the role of risk assessments
- Learn the importance of maintaining a clean environment
- Learn the sterilisation process
- Learn how to safely handle laundry
- Learn how to safely handle sharps
- The learner must live in England and be over 19 years old. As this course is fully funded and won't cost you anything, we need certain information to comply with government funding regulations. To enrol you must have your National Insurance number, a form of Identification, employment documents and details of your previous qualifications. This process can take 10-20 minutes
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.