Add to basket or enquire
Follow your dreams by enrolling on the Hospitality & Catering course today and develop the experience, skills and knowledge you need to enhance your professional development. Hospitality & Catering will help you arm yourself with the qualities you need to work towards your dream job.
Study the Hospitality & Catering training course online with Janets through our online learning platform and take the first steps towards a successful long-term career. The Hospitality & Catering course will allow you to enhance your CV, impress potential employers, and stand out from the crowd.
This Hospitality & Catering course consists of a number of easy to digest, in-depth modules, designed to provide you with a detailed, expert level of knowledge. Study the Hospitality & Catering course through a mixture of instructional video lessons and online study materials.
Receive online tutor support as you study the Hospitality & Catering course, to ensure you are supported every step of the way. Get a free e-certificate as proof of your Hospitality & Catering course completion.
Janets is one of the top online training course providers in the UK, and we want to make education accessible to everyone! Learn the essential skills you need to succeed and build a better future for yourself with the Hospitality & Catering course. The Hospitality & Catering course is designed by industry experts and is tailored to help you learn new skills with ease.
The Hospitality & Catering is incredibly great value and allows you to study at your own pace. With full course access for one year, you can complete the Hospitality & Catering when it suits you. Access the Hospitality & Catering course modules from any internet-enabled device, including computers, tablets, and smartphones.
The Hospitality & Catering course is designed to increase your employability and equip you with everything you need to be a success. Enrol on the Hospitality & Catering now and start learning instantly!
What You Get Out Of Studying Hospitality & Catering With Janets:
- Receive a free e-certificate upon successful completion of the Hospitality & Catering course
- Get taught by experienced, professional instructors
- Study at a time and pace that suits your learning style
- Get instant feedback on assessments
- 24/7 help and advice via email or live chat
- Get full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
The Hospitality & Catering training course is delivered through Janets’ online learning platform. Access the Hospitality & Catering content from any internet-enabled device whenever or wherever you want to. The Hospitality & Catering course has no formal teaching deadlines, meaning you are free to complete the course at your own pace.
Hospitality & Catering Course Curriculum:
Module 1: Introduction to Hospitality Management
- Importance of Hospitality
- Managing the Delivery of Hospitality
- Total Quality Management Applications
- Developing a Service Management Program
- Guest Cycle
- Customer Relationship Management
Module 2: An Overview of Hotel Industry
- Eco Hotel
- Conference and Resort Hotels
- Boutique Hotel
- Apartment Hotel
- Destination Club
- Bed and Breakfast
Module 3: The Process of Selection and Recruitment in Hospitality Industry
- Flexible Employees
- The Importance of Planning Ahead
- The Job Description
- Describing the Ideal Recruit
- Attracting Candidates
- Getting Information From the Candidates
- Short – Listing the Candidates
- One-to-One Interview
- Two or More Interviewers
- New Employee Induction Programmes
- On the First Day of Work
Module 4: The Process of Development and Training in Hospitality Industry
- The Benefits of Training
- Identifying Training Needs
- The Training Plan
- Carry Out the Training Programme
- Evaluating the Training Undertaken
- Developing a Training Programme
- Identification of Tasks and Job Management Skills
- Preparing Step-by-Step Procedures
- Management Concepts
- Steps in the Training Process
- Preparation: “Get Ready”
- Delivery: “Show Me”
- Developing a Trainer
Module 5: Management of Front Office Operations
- The Arrival Chronology
- Front Office Operations
Module 6: Management of Housekeeping, Engineering and Security Operations
- Organisation of Housekeeping Department
- The Functions of the Housekeeping Department
- Management of Guest Amenities
- Room Status Codes
- Managerial Styles
- Employee Safety Programmes
Module 7: Management of Food and Beverage Operations
- Food and Beverage Management
- Food Operations
- Trends in Lodging Food and Beverage Operations
Module 8: Management of Service Quality in Hospitality Industry
- Quality Management in Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Retail Service Quality
- The Five Dimensions of Service
- Quality Management and Hospitality Retail Operations
- Investors in People
- Total Quality Unit Management
- Quality Management in Tourism
- Caring for Customers in Tourism
Module 9: Marketing in Travel and Tourism Business
- Strategy in Marketing
- Marketing Role of GTA
- Market Research
- Promotional Activities
- Audio-Visual and Printed Material
- Collateral Material
- Video Promotion
- Manual or Directory
- Direct Mail
- Travel Writers
- Familiarisation Trips
- Shows and Exhibitions of Travel Trade
- Marketing Activities
Module 10: Accounting in Hospitality Industry
- What is an Account
- Types of Accounts at the Front Desk
- Voucher and Types of Voucher
- Basic Principles of Accounting
- Points to Remember with Regards to a Folio
- Types of Folios Used in Hotels
- Ledgers Used at the Front Desk
- Accounts Which are Included in City Ledger
- Credit Cards
Module 11: Customer Satisfaction
- Great Expectations
- Delivering the Dream
- The Extra Mile
- The Everlasting Review
Module 12: E-Hospitality and Technology
- Hospitality and Internet Advances
- ICT and Internet Capabilities and Impacts in Hospitality
- Innovations in Hospitality
- Gamification Cases in Hospitality E-Marketing
- Social Media and Hospitality
Method of Assessment
To successfully complete the Hospitality & Catering course, students will have to take an automated multiple-choice exam. This exam will be online and you will need to score 60% or above to pass the Hospitality & Catering course. After successfully passing the Hospitality & Catering course exam, you will be able to apply for a CPD-accredited certificate as proof of your Hospitality & Catering qualification.
All students who successfully complete the Hospitality & Catering course can instantly download their free e-certificate. You can also purchase a hard copy of the Hospitality & Catering course certificate, which will be delivered by post for £9.99.
Who is this course for?
The Hospitality & Catering is ideal for those who already work in this sector or are an aspiring professional. This Hospitality & Catering course is designed to enhance your expertise and boost your CV. Learn key skills and gain a professional qualification to prove your newly-acquired knowledge.
The Hospitality & Catering is open to all students and has no formal entry requirements. To study the Hospitality & Catering course, all your need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of English, numeracy, and IT skills. You must also be over the age of 16.
The Hospitality & Catering is ideal for anyone who wants to pursue their dream career in a relevant industry. Learn the skills you need to boost your CV and go after the job you want. Complete the Hospitality & Catering and gain an industry-recognised qualification that will help you excel in finding your ideal job.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I'm a slow learner so is that ok I would like to be this course if I can
Hi Esther, Good morning. The course has no prerequisites so anyone interested to improve their knowledge can attend the course. Once you purchase any course from us, you will have one-year access to the course, and you can complete the course anytime within a year. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How much per month payment plan for 0ne course
Hi Esther, Good morning. The price of the course is £10 at the moment. This is a one-time upfront payment for the course. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What's the actual duration of the hospitality & catering course?
Hi Hughes, Good morning. The approximate 'Hospitality & Catering' course duration is 05 hours if you want to finish at one go. However, you will get one-year access to the course upon purchasing. Therefore, you can complete it anytime within a year. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.