Association of Learning
Add to basket or enquire
What if you could progress your school support career, develop your skills AND improve your earning potential – would you do it?
Our online Level 4 Higher-Level Teaching Assistant course has been designed for those who have a passion for working with children and wish to progress to the next level, and enable you to move beyond your current Teaching Assistant role.
And the good news is – you can complete this at your own pace, in your own time and from the comfort of your own home!
Comprised of 5 in-depth units, our course covers everything you need to achieve success within a Higher-Level Teaching Assistant Role. From child development and welfare to promoting positive behaviour in the classroom; this course is a fantastic asset to your CV and the working relationships you establish with teachers.
This course is also designed to complement your existing practical work, by supplying you with the theoretical knowledge to expand on your current skills and take on greater responsibilities in your role. It will also give you the opportunity to explore elements of your job that you’ve previously not been involved in.
This course will:
- Enable you to combat workplace challenges by developing your knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Broaden your knowledge on how to support individuals, small groups and those with additional needs.
- Increase your responsibility levels within the classroom by enabling you to assist the teacher with lesson planning, creating support materials and managing other support staff.
- Enable you to work with teachers to raise teaching standards within the school as well as ensure students are able to reach their true potential.
- Boost your earning potential and salary grade.
More importantly, you can experience the joys of working within a wholly satisfying and rewarding career.
Unit 1: Communication and Positive Relationships
- Communicating Effectively and Sensitively with Children, Young People, Colleagues, Parents and Carers
- Encouraging Children’s Positive Behaviour to Maintain Positive Relationships
- The Importance of Communication and Being Professional in Your Approach to Working Relationships
Unit 2: Curriculum, Planning and Assessment of Students
- The National Curriculum
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) Legislation and Codes of Practice
- ICT Curriculum
- Curriculum Planning
- Delivery of Learning Activities
- What Type of Support is Required
- Risks and Hazards
- Health and Safety
- Safety Equipment
Unit 3: Child Development Stages
- Basic Principles & Stages of Children’s and Young People’s Development
- What is a ‘Safe and Healthy’ Environment
- Stages of Development
- Physical Development and Skills
- Communication and Intellectual Development
- Social and Emotional Development
- Supporting Children and Young People through Transitions in their Lives
- The importance of parents and carers in the development and well-being of children and young people
Unit 4: Personal Professional Development
- Accessing and Evaluating Emerging Theory and Practice to Develop Professionally and Update Your Knowledge and Practice
- Knowing How to Use ICT to Support Professional Activities
- Evidencing the Required Qualifications
Unit 5: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- What is equality & diversity?
- Multi-Agency Teams
- Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Models of disability
- How do we communicate effectively and develop working relationships with other practitioners and professionals?
- Removing Barriers to Learning for Pupils with Communication and Interaction Difficulties
Our course takes on average 180 hours to finish and is assessed based on a series of written assignments and questions (requiring descriptive answers) that will test your course knowledge on a unit by unit basis. Within these assignments, you will need to be able to demonstrate your knowledge to your personal tutor, as well as be able to reflect on your practice when applied within the workplace.
The good news is – you can start our online course at any time – making it ideal for those wishing to combine their studies with their existing job commitments. All we ask is that you complete these units within a year of your registration.
There are no requirements to have completed any courses to be able to enrol on this course – you do not have to be employed as a Teaching Assistant either.
Questions and answers
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.