Centre for Strategy and Communication Ltd
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
This Handling written complaints course introduces the key skills of communicating clearly, concisely and confidently in writing – by letter, email and social media.
Participants will learn why people complain, and how to turn a complaint into a positive customer experience. They will understand how to prevent a complaint escalating by demonstrating empathy, and how to achieve a friendly, professional tone. They will also learn how to analyse, plan and structure an appropriate response.
This complaints handling course is packed with practical, insider tips and case studies from the customer service industry.
Want us to deliver this course at your organisation? Contact us for a bespoke quote.
The course will cover:
- what creates a good customer experience
- why customer service matters
- how to turn a complaint into a good customer service experience
- writing style and language
- getting the right style and tone
- how to write clearly and concisely
- getting rid of jargon
- the importance of layout and presentation
- analysing a complaint
- identifying different types of complaint and complainant
- choosing and planning an appropriate response
- responding by letter
- conventions for greetings, sign-offs, layout and punctuation
- structures for accepting or rejecting a complaint
- demonstrating empathy and polite assertiveness
- phrases to avoid
- responding by email
- the differences between letters and emails in layout, tone and style
- the most common email pitfalls and how to avoid them
- responding to social media complaints
- trends in complaints on Facebook and Twitter
- guidelines for handling complaints on social media
- checking your work
- the importance of accuracy
- tools and techniques for editing and proofreading
This course takes place at the Centre's Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
Who is this course for?
Our Handling written complaints course is suitable for learners with a range of experience – from novices to experienced customer service employees looking to refresh their skills.
It is a highly practical and interactive course with plenty of opportunity for delegates to practise their new skills.
The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.