Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
***Special Discount - Use code ONLINE10 for extra 10% off***
Knowing the basics of first aid is an essential skill to have, whether you’re in a workplace environment or at home. It could be a case of saving someone’s life, so it’s never too late to train. This First Aid course is designed to introduce you to the fundamentals and advanced aspects of first aid, from how to act in potentially life-threatening situations, to conducting a head-to-toe check on someone who has sustained an injury.
This First Aid course applies to everyone and includes expert audiovisual tutorials, easy to follow modules and practical advice for low-risk work settings such as offices, restaurants and shops. Key topics include first aid boxes, the recovery position, administering CPR and treating secondary illnesses such as asthma and allergies. Through case studies and practical exercises, you will learn about the role and responsibilities of a first aider, exploring the contents of the first aid kit in detail. Our experienced instructor will take you through procedures and best practice for dealing with a range of minor, major injuries. In this course, you’ll learn not only the first aid techniques for adults but also how to adapt and employ basic first aid techniques for a child or baby.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the role and responsibilities of a First Aider.
- Explain the legal duties an employer (and employee) has in regards to providing First Aid equipment and facilities.
- Conduct a primary and secondary survey to assess the condition of a casualty.
- Conduct a full-body examination and monitor vital signs.
- Correctly use wound dressings, bandages, CPR aids & other first aid kit contents.
Key Features of the First Aid
Our trusted, high quality, and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- Complies with EU's General Data Protection Regulation 2018
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Developed by qualified professionals
*** Additional Gifts ***
Free Coronavirus (COVID-19) Awareness Course
- Demonstrate knowledge of how COVID-19 emerged
- Understand how COVID-19 spreads and how to prevent it from spreading
- Identify the symptoms of COVID-19 and which groups of individuals are most at risk
- Comply with government health guidelines and maintain excellent hygiene
- Free E - Certificate included
*** (Offer Ends Soon) ***
Module 01: Basic First-Aid Techniques
- First Aid - How to put on a dressing
- First Aid - How to put on a bandage
Module 02: Incident Management at Work
- First Aid - Dos and Don’ts in an emergency
- First Aid - Questions to Ask Yourself
Module 03: Primary Survey
- First Aid - How to conduct the primary survey?
- First Aid - The Recovery Position
Module 04: Secondary Survey
- First Aid - When to Call an Ambulance?
Module 05: Paediatric First Aid for Common Illnesses, Injuries and Incidents
- First Aid - Bleeding and Wounds
- First Aid - Burns and Scalds
Module 06: First Aid for Acute Medical Conditions
- First Aid - Sickle-cell anaemia
- First Aid - Diabetic emergency
Module 07: Loss of Responsiveness and CPR:
- First Aid - CPR handover
- First Aid - AED Introduction
Module 08: Medical Emergency
- First Aid - Stroke
- First Aid - Asthma Attack
Module 09: Things to Keep in Mind
- First Aid - Initial Steps
- First Aid - Permission & Consent
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
At the end of the course, there will be an online assessment, which you will need to pass to complete the course. Answers are marked instantly and automatically, allowing you to know straight away whether you have passed. If you haven’t, there’s no limit on the number of times you can take the final exam. All this is included in the one-time fee you paid for the course itself.
Who is this course for?
This First Aid training course applies to, but is not limited to, those in the following professions:
- Office Workers
- Self-Employed workers
- Casual Workers
- Workers in warehouses or factories
- Nursery and pre-school workers
- Leisure facility staff
- Sports Coach
- PE Teacher
- Personal Trainer
- Gym staff
- Anyone wishing to start First Aid training
Learners do not require any prior qualifications to enrol in this First Aid course.
This First Aid course will lead you to many different career opportunities, here are few prospects:
- First Aid Trainer: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
- Health and Safety Advisor: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Health Care Assistants: £10.00 - £11.00 per hour
- Safety Advisor: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
- School Nurse: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How long do I have to gain the qualification.
Hello Andrew, Thank you for your question. You will receive the study portal access after purchasing the course. You will get a year of access to the course materials.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Are the qualifications enough to be first aider on construction site in UK?
Dear Blaze, No, it won't be enough. Completing the course learner will gain no formal qualification. However, this course will help you to gain sound knowledge in a relevant field. The qualification must be one that the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) recognise. This can be either: 1. First aid at work (FAW), a higher level 3-day course covering first aid to specific injuries and illnesses. 2. Emergency first aid at work (EFAW): Usually a one-day course covering emergency first aid.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this a suitable qualification for sia security workers
Hello Darren, Yes, it will comply and this course is approved by the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM). Have a nice day.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.