Add to basket or enquire
Being assertive is essential to achieving desired outcomes, but assertiveness doesn’t come naturally to everyone. If you find it difficult to say ‘no’ or to make a persuasive case for a particular course of action then this course is for you.
People who are assertive have high confidence and self-esteem. They find it easier to make important decisions and are less likely to become stressed in challenging situations. Learning how to becoming more assertive will not only enhance your professional reputation but will also make it easier for you to work towards achieving your goals.
By attending this Assertiveness Skills course you will learn the following skills:
- The difference between assertive behaviour, aggressive behaviour and passive behaviour
- How to use the correct level of assertion
- How to work towards win-win outcomes
- How to express your views clearly and concisely
- How to show empathy, understanding and respect for the views and beliefs of others
- How to make well-balanced decisions in your own time
- How to approach difficult people and situations
- How to make an excellent first impression
- How to speak with confidence and positivity
- The importance of body language and how to be aware of the impression you give
- How to say ‘no’ with confidence
- How to communicate with non-assertive people
- How to disagree with people constructively
- How to respond to criticism positively
Key points about Hamilton Mercer’s scheduled courses:
- Attendance on this course is limited to a maximum of eight learners, so you can be sure of receiving personal attention and opportunities to work one-to-one with the trainer
- Attendees complete a Pre-Course Questionnaire prior to attending the course, so we can identify your unique learning needs and provide you with a highly personalised experience
- You will receive a Personal Development Plan to complete during the course to map your progress and help embed your new skills
- You will be awarded a certificate of training on the day of the training
Who is this course for?
Two types of people attend this Assertiveness Skills course;
- Passive people lacking confidence and self-esteem.
- Aggressive people who don't respect or listen to the views of others.
To gain maximum benefit from this Assertiveness Skills course you will be asked to complete and return to us a Pre-Course Questionnaire. This will allow us to find out more about you, such as your learning needs and preferences. This will help us to deliver a more personalised learning experience for you.
The knowledge you will gain on this Assertiveness Skills course will help you to:
- Succeed in customer-facing roles
- Gain trust and respect from colleagues and team members within leadership roles
- Stand out from the competition when applying for a new job or internal promotion
Questions and answers
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.