Effective Communication (In-Company)
Price includes VAT
- Tutor is available to students
- Certificate of completion available and is included in the price
Communication is the art of being understood and of understanding others. This particular communication course looks at all elements of communication from planning, through to adapting your style and presenting a positive image, ensuring that you are utilising these elements effectively.
Guided by an expert facilitator, learners on this training programme will discover the core skills that underpin best practice communication. Everyone attending will learn how to make sure that they present a clear, coherent and positive message both verbally and non-verbally.
The course uses the DiSC® profile, a model of four different behavioural styles, to help you understand why you communicate the way you do. It also addresses how to adapt communication to different people and contexts.
This course uses the DiSC® assessment to analyse communication styles. DiSC® is a leading personal assessment tool, used by thousands of organisations worldwide. It provides a robust, non-judgmental framework for exploring different behavioural styles. In the context of this programme, it provides a powerful, structured way for learners to understand how they communicate and how their style interacts with others.
Every learner who attends the course will be required to complete their DiSC®assessment before attending, and the profile generated will be used to inform the learning on the day.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- The essentials of successful communication – practice, planning, positive thinking
- Identifying and overcoming barriers to communication
- Discovering your preferred communication style through the DiSC®assessment
- Understanding your preferred style; its strengths and drawbacks and working with them
- Adapting your style to increase your communication success
- Analysing the impact of body language and tone on your message
- Implementing the LISTEN model to increase rapport building
- Using the ACE model for planning and delivering a message effectively
- Applying the PROOF model to make a compelling and persuasive case
- Asserting yourself using the ESP technique
This course is a blended learning experience, allowing you to continue to develop your skills back at work. As part of the course you will receive the following eFresher (eLearning) modules and MP3s:
- The Art of Communication
- Stating Your Case Persuasively
- Overcoming Resistance and Conflict
- Building Relationships
- Effective Communication
- Listen Up
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
By attending this course you will gain:
- An assessment of your own communication style using DiSC®
- The ability to manage your style and the impact of your message
- The skills to communicate clearly and confidently
- Improved workplace relationships and a greater personal profile
- Persuasion and influencing skills to get yourself heard
- A blended learning experience
Who is this course for?
Effective Communication is a course that is suitable for anyone looking to enhance their interpersonal relationships. By attending this course, you will learn to communicate in an effective manner through using the DiSC® assessment.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.