Add to basket or enquire
A message to our learning community
With the current outbreak of Coronavirus hitting countless countries and economies around the world, we stand together with all those who have been impacted by COVID-19. We also want to remember and appreciate the healthcare professionals and other individuals in essential services who are braving this pandemic from the forefront with their selfless acts of service.
Learners will get “Certificate in COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Awareness” Course for Free on purchasing this course
Diploma in Banking - Level 3
This course is endorsed under ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
Stand the chance to get a free Level 3 or above course when you enroll with us!!!
Develop a strong foundation in the principle of banking with the Diploma in Banking – Level 3 course. Understand accounting principles and develop critical skills that can take your career in banking to the next level. It is perfect course for individuals who want to have a career in the banking industry or students who want to become bankers.
Banking is an in-demand industry, and more and more workers with knowledge in banking are required to take on a myriad of job positions. The course offers learners an overview of the essence of banking and bank models. Upon completion of the course, learners will be fully equipped with the skills to be efficient bankers within an organisation. The course is designed to provide learners with highly developed techniques and trends in banking and finance.
The Diploma in Banking – Level 3 is a popular course for individuals who want to be efficient in their job role as bankers and auditors. It is a unique course that offers key benefits to understand the principles and procedures of banking in the real-world.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We are always thinking of ways in which you can gain the best from our online learning platform. When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 3 course or above for free!!! The courses that you can choose from have been indicated on our suggested course below.
- Diploma in Financial Accounting - Level 3
- Diploma in Investment and Finance - Level 3
- Diploma in Management Accounting - Level 3
- Diploma in Innovation and Small Business Management - Level 3
- Diploma in Money and Monetary Policy - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Law - Level 3
- Diploma in Corporate Governance & Business Law - Level 3
- Diploma in Central Banking Monetary Policy - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Ethics and Law - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Ethics and Corporate Governance - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Economics - Level 3
- Diploma in Business and Management - Level 3
- Diploma in Applied Business Analysis - Level 3
- Diploma in Strategic Marketing - Level 3
- Diploma in Cost Analysis - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Information Systems - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Information Management - Level 3
- Diploma in Study Skills - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Management - Level 4
- Diploma in Customer Service - Level 4
- Diploma in Human Resource Management - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and Bookkeeping - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and HR - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and Management - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and PA - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and Reception - Level 4
What is covered in this course?
- Gain a clear understanding of how major context within the banking industry operate.
- Learn how to critically evaluate current and major practices of banking and finance.
- Learn how to manipulate numerical and financial data, and the understanding and ability to apply statistical and mathematical concepts.
- Understand the principles and procedures of the business information systems.
- Learn how to analyse business activities and forecast financial projections.
- Gain an accredited qualification that will take your skills and knowledge to the next level.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Course Curriculum (Type Of Course Material: Text)
1: Essence of Banking
- Essence of banking
- The financial system
- Lenders and borrowers
- Financial intermediaries
- Financial instruments
- Financial markets
- Money creation
- Price discovery
- Allied participants on the financial system
- Principles of banking
- Fundamental issues in banking
- Basic raison d’être for banks: information costs and liquidity
- Information costs
- Asymmetry in liquidity preference
- OTC versus securities markets
- Broad functions of banks
- Facilitation of flow of funds
- Efficient allocation of funds
- Assistance in price discovery
- Money creation
- Enhanced liquidity
- Price risk lessened for the ultimate lender
- Improved diversification
- Economies of scale
- Payments system
- Monetary policy function
- The balance sheet of a bank
- Share capital (equity)
- Liability and asset portfolio management
- Money creation
- Off - balance sheet activities
- Off – balance - sheet activities that carry risk
2: Money Creation
- Money creation
- Learning objectives
- What is money?
- Measures of money
- Monetary banking institutions
- Money and its role
- The cash reserve requirement
- Money creation does not start with a bank receiving a deposit
- Notes and coins deposited
- Government spends
- Money creation starts with a bank loan
- Money creation is not dependent on a cash reserve requirement
- Is “money supply” a misnomer?
- Banks’ prime lending
- The money identity and the Creation of money
- Role of the central bank in money creation
3: Risk in Banking
- Risk in banking
- Learning outcomes
- The concept of risk
- Interest rate risk
- Ideal and extreme portfolios
- Management of interest rate risk
- Interest rate repricing gap analysis
- Duration analysis
- Market risk
- Liquidity risk
- Balance sheet changes resulting from deposit withdrawals and drawdowns on loan facilities
- Conditions for creation of liquidity
- Impeccable record
- Volume of and the type of liquid assets
- Active secondary financial markets
- Measures of a bank’s liquidity exposure
- Bank liquidity and a “bank run”
- The central bank and the bank run
- Deposit insurance
- Credit risk
- Asymmetric information, adverse selection and moral hazard
- Management of credit risk
- Compensating balances and monitoring of business transactions
- Long - term relationship building
- Loan commitments
- Collateral requirement
- Credit rationing
- Specialization in lending
- Credit derivatives
- Sovereign credit risk
- Banking statute returns in respect of credit risk
- Currency risk
- Operational risk
- Information technology systems risk
- Human resources risk
- Reputation risk
- Compliance risk
- Legal and documentation risk
- External risk
4: Bank Models
- Bank models & prudential requirements
- Learning outcomes
- Bank models
- Commercial banks
- Mutual banks/building societies
- Merchant and investment banks
- Trading banks
- Private Banks
- Islamic banks
- Development banks
- Micro – credit banks
- Co – operative banks
- Dedicated banks
- Discount houses
- Rationale, objectives & principles of regulation
- Rationale for regulation
- Systemic malfunction
- Market imperfections
- The moral hazard problem
- Economies of scale
- Consumer confidence and consumer demand for regulation
- Supplier demand for regulation
- Objectives of regulation
- Promotion of financial stability
- Promotion of fair and healthy competition
- Promotion of consumer protection
- Principles of regulation
- Efficiency-related principles
- Stability-related principles
- Conflict-conciliatory principles
- Regulatory-structure principles
- General principles
- Prudential requirements
- Basel accords
- Pillar 1: minimum capital requirement
- Pillar 2: supervisory review (regulatory response to Pillar 1)
- Pillar 3: market discipline (promotes greater stability in the financial system)
- Basel III
- The banking statute: general
- The banking statute: prudential requirements
- Share capital and unimpaired reserve fund
- Liquid assets
- Large exposures
- Reserve requirement
5: End Notes
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Banking – Level 3 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £159 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 02 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04478
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
- Financial Officer
- Accountant, Finance Managers
- Students studying Finance
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- Accountant – £28,612 per annum
- Banker – £24K per annum
- Relationship Banker – £29,703 per annum
- Accounts Executive – £22,196 per annum
- Staff Accountant – £25,261 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What is the duration of this course? A life time access? Does it remain available until I finish it or there is a time limitation for accessing it?
Dear Sana Thank you very much for your query. You will get 80 Guided learning hours and 24/7 access for only 12 Months once you get enrolled. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time. The offer ends tomorrow, so hurry up and get the discount .When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 3 course or above for free!!! Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Does this cover your requirements to enroll in the cours?
Yes, Kindly note that course requirements are as follows Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT. A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hello, i saw that there is a requirement for level 2 at any discipline, i have master degree at Bank Management, but it is done in Bulgaria?
Kindly note that you are eligible to do this course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.