International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Have you always been fascinated by crime and the people who help catch criminals?
Criminology is the scientific study of crimes and criminals. You will get an in-depth insight into types of crimes, forensic science, criminal psychology, criminal law, profilers and famous criminals. There’s plenty of work involved in investigating the 5.5 million crimes, from murders to cybercrimes, committed in England and Wales each year. Our Criminology certificate course covers the many functions and roles involved in solving crimes.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
• Lifetime access – No time limits – Study at your own pace
• Internationally-recognized CPD accredited course
• Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
• Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
Check out our criminology course to see if your DNA matches that of a criminologist, criminal investigator or criminal profiler. If you’re an avid fan of crime dramas, this course in criminology will give you a greater understanding of what goes on behind the crime scenes.
Start your investigations now by signing up for our gripping Criminology & Profiling certificate course.
Why wait around and watch as everyone else jumps into your dream career? Whether you are looking to change careers, or you are a student looking for his or her first career, our online Criminology and Profiling course is specifically designed to give you the background you need to get started on your new life.
Our course will teach you everything you need to know about:
- The basics of criminology
- The different philosophies of understanding crime
- The different types of crimes, the levels of severity, and the appropriate punishment
- Forensic sciences and how to use them
- The mind of the criminal
- Famous criminals and their profiles
Regardless of where you are in life, our online Criminology and Profiling course will set you on the path to your dream career.
Do you want to achieve your dreams of a new and exciting career in justice?
A background education in criminology and profiling opens up opportunities for you to work in crime prevention, regardless of the role you would like to play. Whether you want to become a detective and track down culprits, or you want to become a forensics expert who helps the detectives analyse the clues, our online Criminology and Profiling course will help you on your path.
Even if you have a hectic schedule, our online Criminology and Profiling course is here to bring the education to you. Once you are enrolled in the course, you may work at your own pace, on your own schedule, wherever you want. We give you control over your future and help you make sure that the future is bright.
Criminology & Profiling Course Syllabus
Module 1: Introduction
- What is crime?
- What causes crime?
- Introduction to profiling
- Why is profiling important?
Module 2: Schools of thought
- Theories of social structure
- Symbolic interactionism
- Individual theories
- Biosocial theories
Module 3: Types and levels of crime
- Misdemeanours and felonies
- Personal crimes
- Property crimes
- Inchoate crimes
- Statutory crimes
Module 4: Violent crimes
- Sexual assault
Module 5: Punishment
- Fines and sanctions
- Death penalty
- Parole and probation
Module 6: Forensic science
- What is forensics and where did it start?
- Modern forensics
Module 7: Profilers
- Walter C. Langer
- James A. Brussel
- Howard Teten
- Richard Walter and Robert D. Keppel
- John Douglas and Robert Ressler
- David Canter
Module 8: Phases of profiling
- Examination of evidence
- Classification of evidence
- Examining the offender’s signature
- Generating a profile
Module 9: Victimology
- Criminal consequences
- Victim proneness
- Victim facilitation
- Victim rights
Module 10: Famous case studies
- Jack the Ripper
- Florence Maybrick
- Charles LeFarge
- The Black Dahlia
- Al Capone
- Charles Manson
- Ted Kaczynski
- John Wayne Gacy
- Ted Bundy
CRIMINOLOGY & PROFILING COURSE CERTIFICATION
After successfully completing the course, you will immediately receive your PDF course certificate so you can instantly add it to your CV and display your achievement. You can also request a hard copy certificate to be sent to your postal address for a small printing and posting fee.
All our courses are accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards (accreditation number ICOES/00763/13/36). They will also earn you credits through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Education (CE).
Who is this course for?
This criminology course is for everyone who:
- Is interested in a career in criminology, criminal law or crime scene investigations
- Is investigating a career as a detective
- Dreams of writing a best-selling thriller or crime drama
- Loves thrillers and wants to understand how criminals are brought to justice
- Enjoys the thrill of solving puzzles
- Is curious about how evidence is gathered to solve crimes
- Is fascinated by criminology and how a criminal mind works
- Has an interest in sociology and criminal psychology
- Loves crime dramas and wants to get ‘behind the scenes’
- Seeks an intriguing and interesting insight into another aspect of the criminal justice system
- Works with offenders or within the criminal justice system
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
- Investigate further a career in law enforcement, in specialities such as criminology, forensic psychology, criminal psychology or criminal law
- Elevate your crime writing to the next level
- Start a blog or podcast about crime and criminology
- Write a blockbuster crime-solving TV show
- Look into a career working with offenders or the victims of crime
- Considering career as police officer or investigator
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Does this course enable you to become a probation officer? If not what course does. I already have a bachelors degree in Health and social care
Yes, the Criminology and Profiling course is intended for those who are starting their career to criminal law. Our certification will improve your CV and therefore increase the chances of getting employment in this sector.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, could you please tell me how many credits have this course? Thanks
The Criminology and Profiling Course is certified by CPD (CPD UK), meaning that the course counts towards the individuals' CPD hour records. Because our course is not following the university framework, we cannot guarantee that the course will count towards university credits.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hello, I want to know whether this course could lead me into getting a role in the departments it covers. I want a role related to this.
If you are looking to start a career in criminal law, our Criminology and Profiling Course and certification will improve your CV and therefore increase the chances of getting employment in this sector.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.