Add to basket or enquire
Conflict Resolution In Health & Social Care Training Level 1 - Online CPD Training Course
Welcome to Octrac Consulting's online conflict resolution training. This conflict resolution e-learning course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers.
Study method - Online, self-paced (1 study hour)
Course format - Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration - Part-time (1 year access)
Qualification - Certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Awarded Body – CPD Certification Service
Assessment and certification
At the end of this conflict resolution course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online conflict resolution training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines..
It will take approximately 45 to 90 minutes to complete this e-learning course. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience about compliants handling, customer service and conflict resolution
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete the course. You can go through the course in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD) certificate, you will still have access to your learning materials for 365 days.
Why is Skills for Health aligned mandatory training important?
This mandatory and statutory classroom and e-learning course package was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers. This package covers all the legislative and medico-legal/clinic-legal requirements for health and social care professionals to work safely and efficiently, as well as minimising litigation.
Mandatory & Statutory training - meeting employers' legal obligations
Octrac Consulting's CSTF aligned practical and online mandatory training courses help UK employers and employees alike to fulfil their legislative obligations. Our mandatory and statutory courses for doctors provide the essential knowledge and understanding as required by regulatory authorities.
Who is this conflict resolution training course for?
Octrac Consulting’s conflict resolution eLearning course should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes unpaid and voluntary staff working in NHS and private hospitals, locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants.This online conflict resolution course is also relevant for health and social care support workers, including charities, nursing and residential home staff.
This conflict resolution course can be taken as a standalone CPD course or as part of our online conflict resolution training package or the wider online candidate mandatory training courses.
This online conflict resolution course covers the main points relating to conflict management in health and social care settings. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
Course aims and objectives
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding conflict resolution
- To provide essential training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
- Be able to know and explain the main models for conflict resolution
What is covered in this online course?
- Understanding why conflict resolution is important
- Understanding the role of NHS Protect with respect to conflict resolution
- NHS security management roles and responsibilities
- Common causes of conflict in healthcare and social care settings
- The importance of effective communication in resolving conflict
- Understanding how to effectively utilise our body language to avoid contact
- Knowing how communicating our feelings and attitudes can help to manage conflict effectively
- Knowing how to avoid communication breakdown
- Understanding how cultural differences can contribute to conflict
- An introduction to effective communication models for conflict resolution:
- LEAPS communication models
- PALMS Communication models
- Five step appeal communication model
- The attitude and behavioral cycle
- Understanding the main patterns of behavior in relation to conflict
- Awareness of the warning signs and danger sings
- An awareness of the basics of de-escalating conflict
- Awareness of the importance of maintaining personal safety when de-escalating conflict
- Understanding the impact factors for lone workers
- How to do dynamic risk assessments for lone workers
- Awareness of the importance of personal space
Why choose Octrac Consulting’s online training courses?
There are benefits of choosing Octrac Consulting as your e-learning training provider, including:
- Over 1000 training courses available
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e learning provider
- Internationally recognized CPD certificates
- SCORM compliant e-Learning courses
- TIN CAN compliant e-Learning courses
- interactive online learning courses
- free blended learning environment for individuals and organizations
- competitively priced online training courses
- meet UK compliance requirements
- reduce organizational carbon footprint
- immediate access to online learning materials
- minimize travel costs and man hour costs of classroom training
- minimize hours and days spent away in classroom training
- download or print CPD certificates on completion
Conflict Resolution In Health & Social Care Training Level 1 - Online CPD Training Course
Who is this course for?
- NHS staff
- Private hospital staff
- Healthcare professionals
- Agency workers
- Agency nurses
- Locum doctors and allied health workers
- Healthcare Assistants
- Healthcare clinical staff
- Health and social care support workers
This Skills for Health aligned practical mandatory training day and eLearning courses are designed for health and social care workers who work in NHS hospitals, private hospitals and related settings. This includes nurses, doctors, allied health professionals and health and social care support workers, as well as locum doctors, agency nurses, support workers and healthcare assistants.
The Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework recommends that health and social care workers who do not have client facing roles may be required to only take some of these statutory and mandatory courses. Please check with your employer which courses you require. The Mandatory Training Group will not be responsible if you take the wrong courses.
You will be provided with the optional statutory and mandatory training courses that are required for your area of work. You can however choose the mandatory training modules that are most suited to your specific clinical environment. If you are a locum doctor, agency worker or agency nurse, please check with your locum agency regarding the specific mandatory training modules you require to meet the compliance requirements.
You can also select from our wide range of individual CPD courses in our elearning for healthcare course catalogue.
This online mandatory training package has been designed for busy healthcare and social care professionals. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice. For those who have completed statutory and mandatory training before, this training package provides you with the key legal and professional issues as specified in the Skills for Health's UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring photo ID
- Access to desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our Skills for Health aligned mandatory training courses can be taken as part of induction to healthcare and social care sectors, as well as statutory and mandatory refresher training, annual mandatory training updates or continuing professional development (CPD) requirements for health and social care professionals.
The Mandatory Training Group’s classroom and online training courses can be used as:
- Directed learning hours for NVQ/QCF training courses
- NMC & GMC revalidation for nurses & doctors
- CPD hours/points for health and social care professionals
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.