South London College
Add to basket or enquire
**Time is running out! Get Up to 30% OFF before the offer ends!**
Enquire Now for more details!
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
Do you aspire to a rewarding career in caring for children and young people? The NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People is a recognised qualification designed for individuals looking to have a career in the childcare and education sectors. The course is ideal for new and existing childcare workers that wish to expand their knowledge and understanding of child development.
The course will explore the basic fundamentals of childcare and education, parenting, and babysitting. You will learn to make informed decisions about children and young people. A range of topics are covered including fire safety skills and preventing accidents. You will gain a complete understanding of the development of young children, respecting and valuing children, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
The NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People will help you discover the significance of play and interaction and how to have a positive impact on the development of children and young people at various stages of their lives.
- Nationally-recognised qualification from NCFE.
- Make informed choices when working with children and young people.
- A beneficial qualification in childcare and education.
- Become a part of the CACHE alumni.
Why choose South London College?
South London College is a leading online provider that believes transformation takes place through education. An acclaimed learning platform in the United Kingdom, we are committed to creating opportunities to change people’s lives. We are passionate about ensuring our learners meet their educational needs and achieve personal goals and professional development. We deliver high-quality learning materials, experiences, and services. Our goal is to motivate and empower learners to gain new skills, re-skill, and upskill. Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity to obtain the Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People by NCFE and improve your skills and progress in your career in a variety of rewarding roles.
Benefits of taking this course with South London College;
- Enjoy the most affordable prices on the market for our courses.
- Access expertly designed course materials.
- Flexibility is our priority – start anytime, anywhere to fit your schedule.
- Receive 12 months online access to our learning portal.
- Develop your skills and increase employability in the UK and beyond.
- Our friendly customer support team is available to answer your questions anytime.
- Be a part of an interactive and engaging learning environment.
- Hundreds of positive reviews on Trustpilot.
'ENROL NOW' Hurry up!
GET STARTED TODAY!
What Will I Learn?
- Gain a complete understanding of child development from birth to five years.
- Learn about the health and safety requirements in a childcare setting.
- Develop an awareness of safeguarding and child protection.
- Develop the ability to communicate effectively with different age groups.
Module 01 : Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People [K/601/3323]
- Know About the Legislation, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures for Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People, Including E-Safety
- Know What to Do When Children or Young People are Ill or Injured, Including Emergency Procedures
- Know How to Respond to Evidence or Concerns That a Child or Young Person Has Been Abused, Harmed or Bullied
Module 02 : Importance of Play for Early Learning [T/504/0210]
- Understand the Importance of Creativity and Imagination for the Development of a Child
- Understand the Role and Importance of Games with Rules in the Development of a Child
- Know How to Organize a Cooking Activity for Children Plan a Cooking Activity for Children
- Understand the Role of Creative Activities in Enhancing Children’s Learning and Development
- Understand the Importance of Books and Stories in Relation to Children’s Learning and Development
- Understand the Importance of Talking and Listening Activities in Relation to Children’s Learning and Development
Module 03 : Use Food and Nutrition Information to Plan A Healthy Diet [M/601/2545]
- Use Food and Nutrition Information to Plan a Healthy Diet
- Understand Food Additives
- Be Able to Apply Principles of Healthy Eating
Module 04 : Young Children’s Development [R/502/6959]
- Understand the Stages of Development of Young Children from Birth to Three Years
- Understand How Positive Environments Support the Development of Young Children
- Understand How to Support Young Children’s Development by Providing for Their Basic Needs
Module 05 : Accident Prevention and Fire Safety when Babysitting [L/502/6961]
- Understand Risk Assessment and Its Role in Supporting the Babysitter
- Know How to Assess Risks in A Babysitting Environment
- Understand The Role of Control Measures in Fire Safety and Accident Prevention
Method of Assessment
Learners will be given comprehensive course materials for self-study which include an assessment. The assessment will enable the learners to demonstrate an understanding of all learning outcomes.
Upon completing the course, you will receive the Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People by NCFE.
NCFE is a leading awarding organisation based in the UK that has been providing vocational qualifications for over 170 years. Their mission is to promote and advance learning by creating high-quality and industry-relevant qualifications that meet the needs of learners and employers.
NCFE offers a wide range of qualifications across various sectors including health and social care, business, and education. Their qualifications are recognised and respected by employers, higher education institutions, and professional bodies providing learners with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in their desired careers. In addition, NCFE also offers a range of support services to learners and education providers. These include assessment services, teaching and learning resources, and consultation services to help education providers design and deliver effective and high-quality training and education programmes.
In 2021 alone, over 340,000 learners from more than 2000 colleges, schools, and training organisations chose NCFE as the awarding organisation to enable them to progress in their careers.
- Qualification Type : Level 2 Certificate
- Qualification Title : NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Level : 2
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH) : 117
- Qualification number (QN) : 600/0336/4
Who is this course for?
This is suitable for learners interested in working with children and young people.
- Child Care Workers
- Support Workers
- Support Assistants
- Child Caregivers
- Daycare Workers
- Nursery Workers
- Parents and Guardians
- Learners over the age of 14 years are eligible to take the course.
- This is a knowledge-only qualification. Learners do not need to be working or undertaking practical placements.
Here are some job roles you can explore, along with the average UK salary per annum (approximately) according to Glassdoor.
- Child Care Worker – £28,000
- Support Worker – £27,000
- Nursery Worker – £27,000
- Daycare Worker – £27,000
- Caregiver – £30,000
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.