Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
The Basic Electricity Course is an introductory course for aspiring electricians and those who wish to develop a greater understanding of electrical maintenance. It covers electrical law, safety regulations, key electrical terms and electrical generation.
Through this course, you will gain a practical understanding of electrical theory and application. Featuring cases studies and practical exercises, you will learn about the relationship between voltage, current and resistance, by understanding Ohm’s Law. You will also learn how different forms of electricity are generated, covering basic electrical terms.
By the end of the course, you will be familiar with electrical units of measurement, the science of magnetism, and much more, equipped with the foundational skills to fast track career as a qualified electrician. Learn from the experts online and get certified in no time.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of electrical units of measurement and electrical symbols
- Work in compliance with electrical safety laws and regulations in the UK
- Understand the difference between a direct current (DC) and alternating current (AC)
- Use electrical terminology effectively in a professional setting
- Identify the domestic electrical injuries and hazards that can occur in the home
- Show an understanding of the relationship between voltage, current and resistance
- List the different forms of electricity and understand how they are generated
- Show an understanding of the relationship between capacitance and resistance
- Fast track their career as an electrician with an accredited online qualification
Key Features of Basic Electricity Course:
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Course material developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
Module 01: Introduction and Basics
In module one, we will be introduced to the key topics that will be discussed in this course, with a general overview of the skills you will gain throughout.
Module 02: Electrical Units and Ohm’s Law
In module two, we will deepen our knowledge of electrical units and measurements. It also includes an introduction to Ohm’s Law, to understand the relationship between voltage, current and resistance.
Module 03: Direct Current
In module three, we will learn about direct current (DC), with examples. It covers how DC currents work and why they are not suitable for homes.
Module 04: Alternating Current Basics
In module four, we will learn about alternative currents (AC), with examples. It covers how AC currents work, where they are used, and how they are produced.
Module 05: Voltage and Resistance
In module five, we will study the relationship between voltage and resistance, as well as how to calculate resistance. We will also take a closer look at Ohm’s Law.
Module 06: Capacitance and Capacitors
In module six, we will explore the relation between capacitance and capacitors, and the factors affecting capacitance.
Module 07: Magnetism
In module seven, we will learn about the science of magnetism, including the different types of magnetism and the link between magnetism and electricity.
Module 08: Safety Precautions
In module eight, we will gain an in-depth understanding of electrical safety law and regulations in the UK, including how to work safely and professionally with electrical equipment.
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
Who is this course for?
This comprehensive training course is ideal for those who wish to gain a deeper understanding of the basics of electricity, as well as anyone looking to kickstart a career in this field, such as:
- Domestic Electrician
- Electrical Engineer
- Maintenance Electrician
- Electrical Technician
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What the minimum age requirement for this course?
Hello MD, Thank you for your question. Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification. Learners under 16 years of age must have parental consent.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.