Advanced Technical Authoring
Payment by bank transfer or card. To get the 10% discount, book on the Armada website using coupon ... Read more
- Tutor is available to students
- Certificate of completion available and is included in the price
Location & dates
Teaches advanced techniques for producing professional-standard technical and user documentation that is clear, concise and successfully meets the needs of users.
- Copy editing and proof reading.
- Business and design standards for technical documentation.
- Checking document integrity.
- Grammar issues.
- Editing and writing with others.
New modules added recently:
- Writing for Multiple Platforms
- An introduction to topic-based authoring, XML and DITA.
Technical author training is provided by highly experienced instructors, all of whom have 20+ years' experience in technical authoring.
Technical author training combines lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice. Delegates receive:
- Comprehensive training material, to refer to throughout the course, and to use as a refresher afterwards.
- Checklists and job aids to focus each stage of the writing process.
- Report and user manual templates that incorporate best practice design and structure as taught in the courses.
- Resources to use back in the workplace.
- An e-certificate confirming successful course completion.
- 30 days' after-course support.
Scheduled courses are hosted in Bromsgrove (near Birmingham) and Reading.
Who is this course for?
Those embarking on a career in technical authoring (after attending the introductory and intermediate level courses), and existing technical authors who want to improve their skillset. Training is designed for the busy professional, being short and intensive and combining lecture and demonstration.
Delegates have ample opportunity to discuss specific requirements with the trainer.
Delegates should have attended our Introduction to technical authoring and Intermediate technical authoring courses, or have equivalent knowledge.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.