Future Connect Training and Recruitment Ltd
Location & dates
Provides the underpinning knowledge and skills necessary for the purpose of carrying out a range of day-to-day bookkeeping routines and activities using a sub-divided double entry bookkeeping system up to trial balance stage.
The qualification is made up of:
2 – Online Knowledge Tests
2 – Online Assignments
1 – Examination
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Principles of bookkeeping and VAT – T/508/5860
- Understand the basics of bookkeeping and bookkeeping systems
- Understand terms used by bookkeepers
- Recognise source documents and understand their purpose
- Understand the use of a sub-divided bookkeeping system
- Understand the basics of the VAT system
- Understand HMRC VAT rules
- Understand the purpose of the VAT control account and the VAT return
Financial services and payment methods – A/508/5861
- Understand the role of banks and building societies
- Understand how businesses use financial services
- Recognise appropriate methods of payment and understand their features
- Understand the need for security measures and procedures for the safe-keeping of cash
Prepare and check business documents – F/508/5862
- Prepare documents to be issued to customers
- Check documents received from suppliers
- Prepare documents to be issued to suppliers
- Prepare a petty cash voucher
Record transactions in a sub-divided bookkeeping system – J/508/5863
- Use day books
- Use an analysed cash book
- Use a petty cash book
- Use a journal
Prepare a trial balance and reconciliations – L/508/5864
- Prepare a trial balance
- Prepare control accounts and reconcile control account balances
- Reconcile the bank current account balance
Who is this course for?
The Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification is specifically aimed at learners who wish to further their studies of bookkeeping and gain a qualification at Level 2 of the regulated qualification framework, either from a point of no previous knowledge, or having already achieved the IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping.
The qualification will appeal to those learners who already have some practical knowledge and skills and wish to gain an accredited qualification in the subject of bookkeeping.
Learners who are considering a career as a self-employed practitioner will find the course invaluable, as will businesses owners who would like to be actively involved in the keeping of financial records for their business, as it gives in-depth coverage of manual bookkeeping systems used by businesses.
No formal entry requirements
Jobs as Bookkeeper and Accounts Assistant
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.