Graduate School of Management
ACCA is the world’s most forward thinking professional accountancy body. ACCA believe that accountancy is vital for economies to grow and prosper – which is why ACCA work all over the world to build the profession and make society fairer and more transparent.
ACCA have more than 200,000 fully qualified members and 486,000 students worldwide. They’re amongst the world’s best-qualified and most highly sought-after accountants – and they work in every sector you can imagine.
Organisations know and trust ACCA designation. ACCA is out there every day – connecting with businesses large and small, governments, educational establishments and opinion formers. ACCA is on top of emerging trends, legislation and legal requirements – helping to shape them. Because of all this, ACCA is able to create the innovative, strategic-thinking accountants our fast-changing world needs.
ACCA Foundation-level qualifications promote open access to a range of relevant and practical qualifications in accountancy and business. They provide the vital knowledge and skills needed by anyone working, or aspiring to work, in accountancy or finance from the age of 16 on-wards.
The accountancy profession is constantly evolving to meet the needs and demands of how business operates. And this is most apparent at the accounting-support level. That’s why ACCA Foundation-level qualifications have been developed with employers firmly in mind. They provide employers with access to competent and ethical technicians, trained to consistent standards, with built-in flexibility to allow skills to be tailored to meet different sector needs and environments.
ACCOUNTANT IN BUSINESS (FAB/F1)
Aim To introduce knowledge and understanding of:
- The business and its environment
- The influence this has on how organisations are structured
- On the role of the accounting and other key business functions in contributing to the efficient, effective and ethical management and development of an organisation and its people and systems.
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING (FMA/F2)
To develop knowledge and understanding of management accounting techniques to support management in planning, controlling and monitoring performance in a variety of business context.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING (FFA/F3)
Aim To develop knowledge and understanding of:
- The underlying principles and concepts relating to financial accounting
- Technical proficiency in the use of double entry accounting techniques including the preparation of basic financial statements.
STRUCTURE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Students are awarded the ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF Level 4) when they have successfully completed the following components of the qualification:
- Accountant in Business (FAB/F1)
- Management Accounting (FMA/F2)
- Financial Accounting (FFA/F3)
- Foundations in Professionalism.
The Foundations in Professionalism module is assessed online and is based on a range of computer based objective testing. Once registered with ACCA, students can access the module through the online portal, myACCA
Who is this course for?
This qualification would have particular relevance for:
- Those planning to work in, or already working in a wide ranging and responsible accounting role in a small to medium organisation
- Those involved in financial reporting and/or in financial decision-support roles, possibly in supervisory roles in the accounting departments of larger organisations
- Anyone performing financial manager or supervisory roles in accounts payable and/or receivable, or a financial manager role in fixed asset accounting in financial shared service centres. As a manager, the learner needs a broader knowledge of business organisations and of managing people in addition to rounded accounting skills, both in financial and management accounting
- Students carrying out a technician role in a commercial organisation which has good internal training and requires examined knowledge to complement this training programme.
The ACCA Level 4 Diploma in Accounting& Business has the following entry requirements:
- A minimum of three GCSEs and two A Levels in five individual subjects including English and Maths
- You must be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement
- A solid grasp of the English language (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent)
- You must be able to attend all exams at an our centre or ACCA Approved centre.
Unsure whether you meet the requirements? Enquire now and speak to one of our course advisors or directly you can enquire with ACCA.
After completing the ACCA Level 4 Diploma in Accounting & Business you can progress to the next level of the ACCA Qualification which is the Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Business. Once you have gained the ACCA Advanced Diploma and demonstrated the required amount of experience, you will be eligible to take the final stage of the ACCA Qualification, the Professional Level (SBR-AAA papers).
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I finished AAT level 3 I want to start CIMA and ACCA online Can you please send me the details of both courses
Yes you can start the courses. We do both CIMA and ACCA. please check on the reed and you can purchase it.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Are there any exams and of so then please provide details and costs
Yes if you want to achieve Level 4 diploma from ACCA you need to appear for the exams in an approved ACCA examination centre.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Carla Neves asked:
Hello. I live in Portugal and I work as an Accountant for 10 years. Can I apply for this course and study online? Thank you. Carla Neves
You can join the online learning and for registration with ACCA you need to check the ACCA guidelines minimum-entranceThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.