Who we are
Since 2001 thinkmoney has been helping customers stay on top of their finances. We’ve changed a fair bit since then, and we’re growing and developing new things faster than ever. But one thing hasn’t changed: the way we look after our customers.
For ten consecutive years we’ve held a four star Fairbanking mark to recognise that we help customers manage money well. The brilliant service our customers receive has also earned us a 4 star rating on Trustpilot.
In December 2019 we won out latest award for Best Use of IT in Retail Banking at the 20th Banking Tech Awards, highlighting our innovation and digital transformation skills. For more information, please visit our LinkedIn page.
Our digital teams are constantly developing new app features based on real customer feedback, and our customer service teams are here to support customers who need that human touch.
Our commitment to helping others doesn’t end there. CSR is important, and in 2020 we received an award for being the largest fundraiser for Cash For Kids over the last four years, and another for raising £1million for charities in the last ten years.
Personal Qualities and Cultural Fit
We work fast and to a high standard. The only way to constantly deliver in a time of great change is to ensure collaboration between people and departments.
We look for people who are intellectually curious as to what is possible, mixed with the pragmatism to understand the operating environment and constraints, be they time, budget or capabilities.
thinkmoney continues to be successful, so a growth mindset where you build technology solutions that work now, but that have future growth and business needs taken into account is essential. All delivered at a price point that ensures the maximum value for all expenditure.
As a Verification Officer, you are key to the prevention and detection of financial crime and to the completion of KYC for the onboarding journey.
This team is a specialist point of contact within Think Money Limited for KYC and Financial Crime at the point of acquisition. The Financial Crime Department works collectively to prevent and detect all financial crime.
You will have access to some of the leading technology in the onboarding and financial crime space to investigate aspects of financial crime and to ensure that KYC is completed to regulatory standards. Using effective investigative techniques and analysis whilst maintaining a high level of customer service standards, you will be the first line of defence and key to identifying emerging trends to update the Financial Crime Department which then contributes to improving detection rules and educate our customers and the business.
Who Should Apply?
Anyone who wants to work in a Manchester based fintech, a digital bank that wins awards every year for its technology platforms and customer service.
A budding Financial Crime Prevention Specialist or an individual that has experience reviewing information with a high standard of detail. Somebody that wants to shape the future, rather than just do the work that someone else has defined for them every day.
Someone who wants a high level of personal responsibility in a fast-paced environment where you can contribute and help drive change in response to evolving trends.
Someone with career ambitions, whilst also being open and approachable with the humility to constantly learn and develop from supportive managers and collaborative peers.
Role & Responsibilities
- To work all aspects of customer onboarding requests for Think Money Limited. This includes but is not limited to verification of documents, validation of KYC policy rules at onboarding
- To recognize all necessary customer due diligence and/or enhanced due diligence where required to support KYC and meet regulatory requirements
- Effectively use investigative techniques to maintain scheme compliance in identifying and managing Cifas matches and escalate relevant cases
- Act as a point of reference for internal and external customers regarding onboarding and financial crime detection
- Assist in the preparation of internal reports and MI
- Identify procedural and control weaknesses and make recommendations to mitigate risk
- Maintain understanding of all types of financial crime, trends and best practices for financial crime prevention and detection
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements relating to, but not limited to, financial crime and investigation procedures
- Ensure that exemplary customer service is always provided and that all customers are treated fairly and with due regard to their interests
- Attain and maintain competence under the Think Money & Competence Scheme
- Reach and maintain Key Performance Indicators to required standards and specified timescales
- Undertake any further duties determined as reasonable and necessary in fulfilment of the role
- Experience reviewing data and identifying inconsistencies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage a high and demanding workload
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrates company values in all interactions whether internally, with colleagues or externally with customers
• Contributory pension
• 23 days’ holiday rising to 28 days with service
• An extra day’s leave for your birthday
• A paid charity day for you to work somewhere as part of our CSR commitments
• Hapi benefits program, including discounts at leading supermarkets, cinemas and other leading retailers
• On-site gym with free personal training
• On-site restaurant with Costa Coffee
• Employee assistance program
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'