University Partnership Student Success Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Student Success Manager provides operational leadership, coaching and daily performance management of a team of student advisors inbound/ outbound calls to achieve all student retention and student experience KPI’s. Through detailed and ongoing performance analysis, the Student Success Manager will construct and apply student retention and engagement strategies to ensure all targets are met.
The Student Success Manager is responsible for identifying, implementing and monitoring opportunities for ongoing productivity, operational effectiveness and efficiencies, as well as act as an escalation point to resolve any issues or student complaints.
This role is responsible for managing all partner and student interactions and engagements relating to the student experience beyond enrolment. This is including, but not limited to student on-boarding, welcome calls, welcome webinars, unit webinars, convener complaints or concerns, teaching period review meetings, integrated communication campaigns, student queries, processing of deferment and withdrawal applications.
The successful candidate will be experienced in leading and managing a team, highly organised, someone who enjoys paying attention to detail and working in a with people in a customer service/support capacity in a commercially focused environment. They will demonstrate a great customer service ethos, be an effective team player and team leader be keen to drive their own success and the success of the students.
Achieve team annual and teaching period retention targets while maintaining a commitment to the ideal student experience
Team retention targets for teaching period and the year achieved.
Student feedback on experience, and NPS score is tracked and measures are implemented to continuously improve
Provide leadership, coaching and development to team members
Feedback, skip-levels & call quality is documented and communicated to the team on a regular basis
Development plans are defined and monitored for each team member
Carry out regular team performance reviews and monitor performance through reports, dashboards and call monitoring.
Operational effectiveness and productivity best practice defined, measured and achieved
Operational effectiveness plan defined and approved by Head of Student Success.
Performance against plan achieved as determined by the Head of Head of Student Success.
Create and implement communication campaigns recording effectiveness of campaigns.
Ensure module engagement monitoring, student progression monitoring and early interventions are implemented.
Conduct performance analysis to understand trends, issues, opportunities and adjust operational effectiveness plan accordingly
Dashboard performance report with insights and actions is provided weekly to the Senior Leadership Group
Supply data rich evidence to support conversion issues or opportunities
Provide quantifiable evidence of reasons students are discontinuing, reasons they are not, road blocks.
Ensure the team maintain accurate and complete student enrolment records as within the CRM system
Collate accurately and effectively communicate student feedback to internal and external departments issues, alternatives
Effective, proactive and professional communication with the University partners at all times
Respond to all partner enquiries in a timely, professional and solution oriented manner.
Monitor quality of communications and implement quality control measures.
Obtain, measure and improve feedback from key personnel at the University
Main Job Dimensions
Aligning Performance for Success
- Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
Building a Successful Team
- Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
- Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
Planning and Organising
- Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Strategic Decision Making
- Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organisational values.
Stress ToleranceMaintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organizat