Owing to an unprecedented period of growth, we are looking to build our residential underwriting team.
This role will suit an experienced underwriter or mandator, ideally with a background in secured lending.
The key task of the Underwriter is to assess the risk, accurately underwrite and mandate secured loan applications.
On top of a generous basic salary, we offer an annual bonus and excellent benefits package.
• To professionally assess all cases from direct customers and brokers in order to make informed underwriting decisions that are in line with Company policies, procedures and lending criteria
• To accurately assess the risk on an application ensuring that the loan is affordable
• To minimise the risk to the business and the applicant with a strong focus on fraud avoidance
• To proactively manage a pipeline of cases
• To provide brokers and customers with accurate case updates at all points in the process
• To provide a high level of customer service at all stages of an application
• To ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to throughout the process
Skills & Experience:
• Previous underwriting experience within the secured lending or residential mortgage market
• Experience of dealing with brokers and third parties
• GCSE (minimum Maths and English A-C)
• PC skills including MS Excel and Word
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Strong planning and problem solving skills
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West’s most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, child care vouchers, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.