£25k + bonus
Our client is looking for an Underwriter in Milton Keynes.
The working hours are across Monday to Sunday, so weekend working will be required! In return you will get to work for a fantastic company who offer great benefits!
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Make credit decisions on consumer and corporate proposals and where necessary.
- Ensure KPIs are met whilst maintaining the quality of all decisions made.
- Analyse all aspects of credit proposals taking into account credit and asset risk.
- Confidently communicate rejection decisions to staff and where necessary negotiate improved proposal terms to allow a positive outcome.
- Take responsibility for or assist in fraud investigation.
- Develop, manage and maintain a positive and professional business relationship with specified personnel to facilitate achievement of departmental and company objectives.
- Provide assistance to all personnel at periods of peak pay out and when retail credit volumes allow, by taking incoming calls and administering original documents, etc.
- GCSE or equivalent English Language and Mathematics is essential
- Numerate and proven analytical skills with the ability to interpret financial information to facilitate strong decision-making
- A lateral thinker with awareness of risk and potential fraud scenarios
- Good understanding of Data Protection Act, Consumer Credit Act and Anti-Money Laundering would be an advantage
- Clear, concise written and verbal communicator with good negotiation skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work within a pressurised environment whilst maintaining focus on personal, departmental and company objectives
If you feel you have what it takes, please apply today because we'd love to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to get back to you within 48 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a consultant as quickly as possible and if you are shortlisted we will aim to call you within two working days.
If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent. Typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job