Full Time Tram Conductors
Nunnery Depot, Sheffield
Non Safety Critical
We currently have a new opportunity for Conductors within our Customer Service Department.
We are looking for people with a professional approach who would take pride in providing an outstanding service for our customers. Flexibility and reliability are essential attributes. Our Conductors provide knowledge of ticket requirements including online ticketing solutions, local information and tram routes to our customers.
You can expect many different challenges in the role, and it’s not just about collecting revenue. At Supertram we are committed to Safety and delivering outstanding Customer Service at all times. You should have a proactive approach to helping manage any disruption. Your communication skills will play a vital part as a Conductor where you will be expected to keep our passengers informed at all times.
We are a forward thinking company that values its employees. In return we expect to see an excellent attendance and safety record and a strong customer focus. We also expect to see respect for colleagues and customers and adherence to our company values.
Because we provide a transport service to the public, it's not a 9-5 job. We need you to be able to deal with the varying shift patterns that can start and finish at any time between 5am and 1am, plus also work weekends and bank holidays too. You will need to be flexible and ready to adapt at short notice.
The working week averages 37.5 hours.
Requirements for the Role:
- A previous customer service role is essential
- Be willing to work irregular and unsociable shift patterns
- Meet the necessary medical requirements of the role
- Ensure that a professional image of the company is demonstrated at all times
- Adhere to compliance requirements in all areas of operational activity, company policies and procedures
- Manage conflict situations that may arise while on duty on tram
- Maintain a level of cash control in line with company policy
- Communicate effectively and in a friendly manner with both customers and staff
- Have a commitment to delivering great Customer Service
The successful candidate would enjoy a salary of £18,370 p.a. and undertake a comprehensive training programme to cover their needs. If successful you would also enjoy the following benefits:
- Free travel on trams and most buses in South Yorkshire (includes partner after successful probation)
- Uniform supplied
- Discounted train travel on East Midlands Trains services
- Commission based on revenue taken
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering letter detailing both the skills and experience which you could bring to this role to Rachael Newsome, Stagecoach Supertram, Nunnery Depot, Woodbourn Rd, Sheffield, S9 3LS.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive we will only notify you if you are successful in being put forward to the assessment stage.
If your application is successful we will notify you via email or phone, so please ensure your contact details are provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job