As the UK’s leading charitable provider of specialist mental healthcare, St Andrew’s is unlike traditional independent providers, with no shareholders, we can reinvest any surplus into growing our specialist services, building state-of-the-art facilities, developing our staff and providing truly individual care. St Andrew’s is transforming lives through a unique approach to mental health - distinct patient pathways for males and females.
St Andrew’s Birmingham provides medium and low secure services for men and women with mental illness.
St Andrew’s Birmingham is a 125 bedded adult mental healthcare facility, located in Stirchley and comprises of eight units, which cover medium and low security. At present, seven of the wards provide services for Men and one is for women.
This is an opportunity for non-consultant grade Doctor to help shape our essential services. You will join an experienced and supportive team, you will demonstrate strong clinical skills within your professional field.
The role will primarily involve providing essential day-to-day holistic healthcare to a defined cohort of in-patients as part of a comprehensive multi-disciplinary team, in conjunction with a supervising responsible/approved clinician.
You will be required to cover two wards, Moor Green that is a low secure 15-bedded female ward and Hawkesley, which is a Medium Secure 15-bedded male ward. This cover arrangement may change over time.
Why join St Andrew’s
- Opportunities to progress -We will support you to apply for a Certificate of eligibility for specialist registration (CESR) provides a route for doctors who do not hold a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) to obtain specialist registration.
- Remunerated non-resident first on calls
- Individual study budget of £500 per Specialty Doctor
- We sponsored many of our doctors to undertake MBA degrees
- The chance to be part of a community of Doctors on one site with a weekly multidisciplinary CPD and Grand Rounds programme that includes medics from the NHS
- Locums occupy only 10 per cent of our Psychiatrist roles. Our posts fill up fast
- Support in undertaking indemnified private practice and medico legal work though our community partnerships
- Opportunities for joint roles with the NHS in some areas
- Teaching Opportunities for medical students from Cambridge and Buckingham as well as Trainees
- Opportunities for research with our Research and Innovation Team
- Class leading analytics and data monitoring with extensive integration with our Electronic Records
- Electronic Prescribing on all our wards
We have experience of supporting Speciality Doctors to gain AC status and through the CESR process.
MRCPsych is preferable & membership with the GMC will be required.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Samantha Pendry in the recruitment team ???????
International Medical Graduates
We welcome applications from job seekers who require current Skilled Worker sponsorship to work in the UK and you will be considered alongside all other applications.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'