Software Engineering Manager, Cheshire East, £45K to c. £50K (flexible) + Excellent Benefits
Keywords: Software Engineering Manager, Development Manager, Developer, Architect, C#, Java, SQL, Agile, team management, people management, Cheshire, Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, Shropshire
To lead the software engineering team, assisting in problem solving, implementing and maintaining software features. Suitable candidates will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with Agile Software Development background and experience.
Your role includes:
- Primary responsibility for the efficient organisation and agile development of the engineering team of c10 people to guarantee the achievement of the department and company goals.
- Coordination with the CTO, Product Management and the Chief Software Architect, to define the Product backlog, lay out project specifications and identify technical risks and corresponding mitigation plan.
· Defining, planning, executing and monitoring software releases, working closely with internal and external teams to meet deadlines in line with business requirements.
- Involvement in setting and controlling the engineering team annual budget in coordination with CTO and COO.
- Day to day management of workload and work schedules according to the Agile Process Methodology.
- Hands-on activities, and support to the team members to plan and monitor execution.
- Direct coordination of production, operations, QA, testing, and maintenance of the Product.
- Establishment of a smooth and effective communication with the other Engineering Managers of the Group across Europe
- Diary support to the team, to motivate and move it forward, in order to achieve challenging business objectives.
· Graduate in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience using C#/Java/SQL software development
- The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate 3+ years’ experience on managing an engineering team developing, implementing, and maintain software using an agile development process.
- Project management, planning, problem solving, inter-personal and time-management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to motivate and lead a team
- Team player, flexible, accurate, hands-on mentality
- Leadership skills, enthusiasm, pride, a "can-do" attitude
- Excellent time management and organisation, deadline focused.
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
Our client’s offer:
- A challenging and progressive position within an international work environment
- Permanent employment
- Excellent remuneration package (Pension Contribution, health care and life insurance)
Email: Jayne at HTS
HTS, Specialist Recruiters. Contract and Permanent Vacancies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job