SHIFT MANAGER CIRCA £32K
Our client is a global manufacturer of FMCG and currently looking for a Shift Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of managing a team and experienced with modern manufacturing techniques
- Ensure shift targets are achieved whilst complying with safety, quality and hygiene requirements
- Implement actions to address issues relating to 'down time’ and take action to recover volume shortages
- Communicate effectively with teams to ensure understanding of required targets and outputs, carry out effective start/end of shift handovers
- Adjust and re-allocate manning to achieve optimal output in line with production plans/required output
- Perform regular site walks and conduct audits relating to safety, quality, waste, 5S, productivity and compliance with SOP’s
- Identify and address individual performance issues, agree and monitor corrective actions
- To contribute to the compilation and production of work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Conduct performance development reviews in line with business requirements
- Identify and plan training and monitor progress towards completion of training
- Assist with the recruitment, development and training of colleagues in line with work instructions, SOP’s and skills matrices
- Provide reasonable cover for breaks, holidays and sickness absence in line with Company requirements and to support the achievement of the production schedule
- To contribute to and participate in continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- To carry out additional and/or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Excellent team player with experience of leading within a production environment
- Possess flexibility, drive and enthusiasm
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of solving problems
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Sound IT skills and knowledge
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"