Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk
Our friendly client based in Enfield is recruiting an experienced Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their busy team. This is a great opportunity to work for an established growing company.
This is a permanent role and the successful applicant will be required to work 37.5 hours, 8.00 am - 4.30 pm Monday - Friday or alternatively 9.00 am to 5.30pm. The salary is £24,000 to £26,000 per annum.
To maintain and process all Purchase Ledgers as issued by the Accounts Office Manager. Responsibility for the lead on Purchase Ledger practices and the induction of new staff to the department standard.
Key responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Hold weekly payment run meetings to ensure effective purchase ledger creditor days.
- Raise international supplier payments/invoice posting
- Ensure Payroll Journals posted to correct department and cost centre.
- Posting of Petty Cash
- Match delivery notes to generated stock orders
- Generate BACS and raise manual cheques when necessary
- Communicate with suppliers by letter or phone regarding any queried items.
- Liaise with Stock Control and Company Buyer any stock or supplier issues.
- Attend purchase ledger meetings with concise overview of problem suppliers.
- Nominal ledger postings
- Create New Suppliers
- Ensure effective resolution and reporting of queries on GRN schedules.
- Credit card payments
To provide support to colleagues and Office Manager
- Purchase Ledger
- Stock Control