Senior Paralegal in Real Estate & Infrastructure
My client is searching for a Senior Paralegal in Real Estate & Infrastructure to join their Edinburgh, West Lothian or Glasgow, Lanarkshire offices.
Summary of Role
To provide transactional support to the conveyancing teams within the firm (commercial, agriculture /rural, property finance, house builders) in connection with purchase, sale, title transfer, lease and security transactions and ancillary support services such as ScotLIS and Companies House registrations.
• Preparing dispositions, standard securities and other documents relating to a conveyancing transaction.
• Drafting and instructing searches and external reports.
• Preparing LBTT and stamp duty land tax forms.
• Carrying out searches on ScotLIS.
• Drafting and submitting Advance Notices.
• Completing online registrations at Companies House.
• Liaising with Registers of Scotland, Revenue Scotland, Millar & Bryce, etc, on complex matters to ensure that we get the conveyancing procedures correct.
• As and when required, training junior Hub team members on all of the above and checking their work.
• Interacting with other members of the Hub to ensure best service to the instructing teams.
• Sharing best practice with colleagues and helping to keep our internal guidance documents and "playbooks" up to date.
• Acting as an ambassador for the Hub (and the services it provides) to your colleagues as the opportunities arise.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must have a thorough understanding of a property transaction and associated legal aspects.
• Must have expertise and experience in relation to the drafting of Registers of Scotland forms, LBTT Returns, property search requests and Companies House forms (although we can train you to fill in any minor gaps in your knowledge).
• Experience of working well in a team to deliver high levels of client service under time pressure.
• Paralegal or legal qualification would be preferred.
• Profit Related Pay
• Private Medical Insurance for all employees (BUPA)
• Holidays starting at 25 days plus 9 public holidays (plus birthday off)
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Income Protection
• Access to Comprehensive Well-being resources
• Retail Discounts
• My client operates on an agile basis reflecting the needs of clients and their employees to deliver outstanding client service. They will agree on a suitable office or homeworking arrangement with all candidates.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Law Firm
- Legal Practice
- Property Law
- Real Estate
- Law Firms
- Senior Paralegal
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'